Division of High-Consequence Pathogens and Pathology (DHCPP)
One Health Office (OHO) Mission Statement
The mission of the One Health Office is to facilitate, sponsor and coordinate research and program activities that seek to attain optimal health for people and animals through an integrated approach considering the interrelatedness among humans, animals, and the environment in which they live. In carrying out its mission, OHO:
- Serves as the agency focal point and provides the programmatic home for One Health Activities;
- Builds and organizes a portfolio of One Health activities, plans, and accomplishments and leads the efforts to promote and accomplish the activities through NCEZID and CDC programs and partnerships;
- Builds partnerships and facilitates collaboration both within and external to CDC;
- Manages and allocates NCEZID extra-budgetary resources from DOS/USAID, DOD/BTEP, NCEH/Climate Change, and others as appropriate;
- Facilitates the exchange of information and enhances communication across disciplines by sponsoring visiting scientists and fellows, lectures, and meetings.