Division of High-Consequence Pathogens and Pathology (DHCPP)
One Health Office (OHO)
CDC's One Health Office (OHO) works to promote the concept of One Health. This concept looks at the spread of infectious diseases and the relationship among humans, animals, and the environment.
OHO also helps guide CDC approaches to One Health. This includes prevention, detection, and control of emerging (or re-emerging) diseases.
OHO does this by:
- Facilitating information sharing and collaboration across disciplines and sectors
- Supporting many of CDC's core functions that can address One Health (such as research, surveillance, response, and control)
- Overseeing international One Health project officers
- Serving as the contact for the World Organisation for Animal Health Collaborating Centre for Emerging and Reemerging Zoonotic Diseases
- Liaising with animal health and agriculture organizations
- Leading training and education