Office of the Director Mission Statement
- Directs and manages the programs and activities of DHCPP;
- Provides leadership and guidance on policy, program planning and development, program management, and operations;
- Coordinates or assures coordination with the appropriate CDC, OID, and NCEZID offices on administrative and program matters;
- Reviews, prepares, and coordinates congressional testimony and briefing documents related to high consequence viral, bacterial, and prion diseases, and analyzes programmatic and policy implications of legislative proposals;
- Represents CDC, OID, and NCEZID programs and prevention policies in meetings with other governmental, private, and international organizations;
- Serves as CDC, OID, and NCEZID's primary internal and external communications contact regarding high consequence viral, bacterial, and prion disease issues;
- Advises CDC, OID, and NCEZID on policy matters concerning DHCPP programs and activities.