Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Laboratory Team
The lead laboratory unit for domestic and global water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)-related disease found in the natural environment in CDC's National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases.
Our Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Laboratory Team conducts:
- Diagnostics for free-living ameba infections
- Water-related outbreak investigations
- Molecular surveillance for Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- Water disinfection research
- Serologic assay development
The team consists of 4 laboratory units:
- Environmental Microbiology Laboratory
- Molecular Epidemiology
- Free-living Amebas Laboratory
- Serology Laboratory
Our WASH laboratory team also works with laboratories, subject matter experts, and programs around CDC.