Investigation Update on the Seven Seas Mariner
Cruise Line: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Cruise Ship: Seven Seas Mariner
Voyage Dates: 8/27-9/3
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers at the end of the voyage: 33 of 620 (5.32%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew at the end of the voyage: 12 of 445 (2.69%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Seven Seas Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- is sending daily updates to CDC until the number of ill people returns to expected levels, and
- collected stool specimens for analysis.
Because the voyage ended in Canada, Health Canada was the lead on this outbreak investigation. VSP monitored the ship until the number of ill people returned to expected levels (sailing dates: 9/10-9/13).
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009
- Page last updated: July 20, 2009
- Content source: