Investigation Update on the Norwegian Crown
Cruise Line: Norwegian Cruise Line
Cruise Ship: Norwegian Crown
Voyage Dates: 8/12-8/19
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers: 51 of 1246 (4.09%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 2 of 534 (0.37%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Norwegian Cruise Line and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- suspended guest self-service buffets,
- collected stool specimens for analysis, and
- sent daily updates to CDC until the number of ill people returned to expected levels.
During the following voyage (sailing dates: 8/19-8/27) the number of people that reported being ill returned to expected levels.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009
- Page last updated: July 20, 2009
- Content source: