Investigation Update on the Seven Seas Navigator
Cruise Line: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Cruise Ship: Seven Seas Navigator
Voyage Dates: 4/5-4/16
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers: 22 of 456 (4.8%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 0 of 350 (0%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea, vomiting, and abdominal cramps
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Regent Seven Seas Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- sent daily updates to CDC until the number of ill people returned expected levels,
- collected stool specimens for analysis.
On April 16th, VSP staff boarded the ship to conduct an environmental investigation and make recommendations.
The number of passengers and crew that reported symptoms of gastrointestinal illnesses returned to expected levels by the following voyage.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009
- Page last updated: July 20, 2009
- Content source: