Investigation Update on the Summit
Cruise Line: Celebrity Cruises
Cruise Ship: Summit
Voyage Dates: 11/11-11/25/06
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers: 72 of 1911 (3.77%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 12 of 942 (1.27%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: Celebrity Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions to respond to the outbreak:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- submitted stools specimens for analysis,
- provided daily updates about the illness to VSP until the number of ill people returned to expected levels.
On November 25th, VSP staff boarded the ship to conduct a targeted environmental health investigation and to make recommendations. The number of ill people returned to expected levels by the voyage that ended on December 9th.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009
- Page last updated: July 20, 2009
- Content source: