Investigation Update on the Norwegian Wind
Cruise Line: Norwegian Cruise Line
Cruise Ship: Norwegian Wind
Voyage Dates: 11/29-12/9
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers: 77 of 1671 (4.61%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 7 of 691 (0.01%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Norwegian Cruise Line and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- sent daily updates to CDC until the number of ill people returned to an expected levels,
- submitted stool specimens for analysis.
The number of ill people returned to expected levels on the voyage with sailing dates on 12/9-12/20.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009
- Page last updated: July 20, 2009
- Content source: