Recreational Water Illness and Injury (RWII) Prevention Week — May 21–27, 2012
The Environmental Health Services Branch (EHS) announces the release of several new healthy swimming resources.
New Healthy Swimming Data
Three new articles related to healthy swimming from MMWR - Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports:
- Announcements: Recreational Water Illness and Injury Prevention Week — May 21–27, 2012.
- Drowning — United States, 2005–2009.
- Promotion of Healthy Swimming After a Statewide Outbreak of Cryptosporidiosis Associated with Recreational Water Venues — Utah, 2008–2009.
CDC's Healthy Swimming/Recreational Water website has RWII prevention and response tools available to increase public knowledge about recreational water illnesses and healthy swimming.
Check out the EHS Recreational Water topic page for more environmental health resources on recreational water.Top of Page
- Page last reviewed: May 18, 2012
- Page last updated: May 18, 2012
- Content source: