How NVEAIS Works
Once registered for NVEAIS, states and localities can report environmental assessment data from foodborne illness outbreak investigations.
- State or local environmental health or food safety specialists conduct an environmental assessment during a foodborne illness outbreak investigation.
- The person who conducted the environmental assessment or the designated NVEAIS data collector knowledgeable about the outbreak enters data from the environmental assessment into NVEAIS.
- The designated NVEAIS administrator reviews and verifies the entered data. Once verified, the data are reported into the NVEAIS database.
- States/jurisdictions can download their data at any time.
- Data are held on a central server complying with all security policies for CDC and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Page last reviewed: April 9, 2014
- Page last updated: April 9, 2014
- Content source: