Food and Water Safety Program Evaluation
From 2012-2014, EHS-Net will conduct an evaluation of local and state food and water safety programs. This evaluation will provide valuable data on the impact these programs have on public health. The purpose of this evaluation will be to:
- describe local and state food and water safety programs and their components,
- describe how these programs are influenced by both internal and external factors (e.g., staffing, economics, politics, etc.), and
- assess these programs’ impact on public health, to the extent possible.
Current local and state EHS-Net programs will be participating in the evaluation. Non EHS-Net programs will also be asked to participate to provide a comparison group that does not have the benefit of CDC funding for their food and/or water programs. If your food or water safety program is interested in participating in this evaluation process, or if you have comments or suggestions, please contact NEARS@cdc.gov.
Please see Evaluating local and state food and water safety programs [PDF - 757 KB] for more information on the evaluation.Top of Page
- Page last reviewed: April 5, 2012
- Page last updated: November 10, 2015
- Content source: