Selected Publications on Cancer Clusters and Investigations
On this page you can find publications that relate directly to cancer clusters or provide useful information in conducting an investigation.
- Aldrich TE, Sinks TH. Things to know and do about cancer clusters. Cancer Invest 2002;20(5&6):810-6.
- American Council on Science and Health, Inc. Cancer clusters findings vs. feelings. New York (NY) American Council on Science and Health, Inc.; 2002.
- Bellec S, Hemon D, Clavel J. Answering cluster investigation requests: the value of simple simulations and statistical tools. Eur J Epidemiol. 2005;20(8):663-71.
- Bender AP, Williams AN, Johnson RA, Jagger HG. Appropriate public health responses to clusters: the art of being responsibly responsive. Am J Epidemiol 1990;132(1):S48-S52.
- Caldwell GG. Twenty-two years of cancer cluster investigations at the Centers for Disease Control. Am J Epidemiol 1990;132(1):S43-S47.
- Caldwell GG, Heath CW. Case clustering in cancer. South Med J 1976;69(12):1598-602.
- Cartwright RA. Cluster investigations: are they worth it? Medl J Aust 1999;171(4):172.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Guidelines for investigating clusters of health events. MMWR 1990;39(RR-11):1-23.
- Heath CW. Investigating causation in cancer clusters. Radiat Environ Biophys 1996;35:133-6.
- Iyengar VS. Space-time clusters with flexible shapes. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005 Aug 26;54 Suppl:71-6.
- Jacquez GM, Kaufmann A, Meliker J, Goovaerts P, AvRuskin G, Nriagu J. Global, local and focused geographic clustering for case-control data with residential histories. Environ Health. 2005 Mar 22;4(1):4.
- McNally RJ, Eden TO, Alexander FE, Kelsey AM, Birch JM. Is there a common aetiology for certain childhood malignancies? Results of cross-space-time clustering analyses. Eur J Cancer. 2005 Dec;41(18):2911-6. Epub 2005 Oct 21.
- Radespiel-Troger M, Daugs A, Meyer M. A simulation model for small-area cancer incidence rates. Methods Inf Med. 2004;43(5):493-8.
- Thun MJ, Sinks T. Understanding cancer clusters. CA Cancer J Clin. 2004 Sep-Oct;54(5):273-80.
- Ward DE. Cancer clusters. Frontiers, Ohio State University, Spring/Summer 1999;12-5,28.
- Page last reviewed: February 15, 2012
- Page last updated: February 15, 2012
- Content source: