Housing and Transportation
CLEH interns will report to CDC’s Chamblee campus for work. This campus is located on the northeast side of town adjacent to Peachtree-DeKalb Airport and approximately 1 mile from the Chamblee MARTA station.
Listed below are a few housing options as well as transportation options. CDC is not responsible for arranging for or covering costs of the intern’s housing. The following are some housing options that past interns have used.
Emory University - Clairmont Campus
Address: 2425 Dooley Dr., Decatur, GA 30033 (near the intersection of N. Decatur and Clairmont Rd)
Web Site (Emory): Summer Intern Housing Program
Amenities: furnished apartment, outdoor swimming pool, exercise facility, parking, internet, and utilities utilities (included in rates).
Dates available for CDC interns: Extended until August 15, at noon.
Eligibility: Any current undergraduate, graduate, or professional student who has a summer internship relevant to his/her course of study is eligible for Emory’s Summer Intern Housing Program (SIHP). Residents must have internships with educational or professional relevance. The Office of University Conferences retains the sole rights to determine eligibility, and all decisions are final.
Other Housing Options
Note: Some postings may require commitments of six months to one year — please read posting carefully.
- Personal Transportation: Students may drive their own cars if available. As Atlanta is a very large spread-out city, many previous interns have found personal vehicles very helpful for getting around.
- MARTA Public Transportation: The Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), has both trains and buses that serve Atlantans. You can plan your commute with My Commute Trip Planner. (Please note that CDC’s Chamblee campus is 1 mile from the Chamblee MARTA Train Station.)
- Carpools: It is possible to join or start a carpool; past interns carpooled to work together regularly.
Top of Page
Note: NCEH/ATSDR is not responsible for a student’s travel expenses to and from the project site or for the student’s housing costs. If selected for a summer internship that is located away from home or school, students are responsible for making their own arrangements for travel and housing. NCEH/ATSDR is not responsible for any accidents involving personal vehicles that may occur during the 10-week internship.
- Page last reviewed: October 31, 2011
- Page last updated: September 18, 2014
- Content source: