We strongly encourage members of underrepresented populations to apply! For tips on how to write a strong application, check out our FAQs and Application Tips Page
If you are an undergraduate environmental health major in a program accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC) please consider applying for the Summer Program in Environmental Health (SUPEH) internship program.
Please read the required application materials carefully. Applications will only be accepted electronically. If you are not able to submit your application electronically, please contact CLEH@cdc.gov for additional assistance.
IMPORTANT: Include your email address in the subject line of all application materials submitted, including your letters of recommendation; this is your "unique identifier." Without it, we will not be able to process you application.
- Application: 2016_CLEH_Application.docx [115 KB]
- Current resume or CV: No longer than four pages.
- Two letters of recommendation: At least one from a faculty member. Please remind your recommenders to also include your email address in the subject line when submitting their recommendation on your behalf. 2016_CLEH_LOR_form.docx [90 KB]
- Essay 1: Describe your interest in environmental issues (Typed, 1000 word suggested length, attach to application – please put your name on the top and in the file name).
- Essay 2: What makes you a strong candidate for the internship program? Feel free to discuss academic, extracurricular, or life experiences that have qualified you. If you are a non-environmental major, be sure to make the case for why your major or interests are applicable to this internship and environmental health (typed, 1000 word suggested length, attach to application – please put your name on the top and in the file name).
Note: An official transcript is required upon acceptance into the program.
Application Submission Instructions:
- Submit the application form (containing all parts of the application) in one email to CLEH@cdc.gov. Those writing your letters of recommendation can email their recommendation in separate emails, also to CLEH@cdc.gov. All application materials must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Wednesday, January 27, 2016.
- IMPORTANT: When emailing your application materials, include ONLY your email address in the subject line (with no characters next to it other than a blank space). Instruct those writing your letters of recommendation to do the same. Without your email in the subject line, we cannot process your application.
- If possible, fill the application form using the text boxes provided and do not save the application form in a different file format – in other words, save the application form in the Microsoft Word Document (.docx) format. If you cannot see the textboxes or are unable to save as .docx, please indicate so in your email
To improve our recruitment process, please fill out an optional demographic form. It is a voluntary form and will in no way affect your application. We use information from these forms to improve recruitment for our program. To fill out this optional demographic from, please download this Word file [108 KB] and email it to email@example.com*
2016 Application Timeline
- Application opens: Wednesday, October 21, 2015
- Application deadline: Wednesday, January 27, 2016
- Notification to intern of acceptance: Friday, March 4, 2016
- Acceptance of internship offer by student and initiation of paperwork: Friday, March 11, 2016
- Internship dates: Wednesday, June 13, 2016 – Wednesday, August 17, 2016
- Page last reviewed: November 19, 2010
- Page last updated: October 21, 2015
- Content source: