We strongly encourage members of underrepresented populations to apply! For tips on how to write a strong application, check out our FAQs and Application Tips Page
If you are an undergraduate environmental health major in a program accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC) please consider applying for the Summer Program in Environmental Health (SUPEH) internship program.
Please read the required application materials carefully. All application materials should be submitted by email to CLEH@cdc.gov and are due by January 28, 2015.
Applications will only be accepted electronically. If you are not able to submit your application electronically, please contact CLEH@cdc.gov for additional assistance.
IMPORTANT: Include your email address in the subject line of all application materials submitted, including your letters of recommendation; this is your 'unique identifier'.
- Application DOCX [44 KB]
- Current resume or CV No longer than four pages.
- Two letters of recommendation: At least one from a faculty member. Please remind your recommenders to also include your email address in the subject line when submitting their recommendation on your behalf. DOCX [100 KB]
- Essay 1: Describe your interest in environmental issues (Typed, 1000 word suggested length, attach to application – please put your name on the top and in the file name).
- Essay 2: What makes you a strong candidate for the internship program? Feel free to discuss academic, extracurricular, or life experiences that have qualified you. If you are a non-environmental major, be sure to make the case for why your major or interests are applicable to this internship and environmental health (typed, 1000 word suggested length, attach to application – please put your name on the top and in the file name).
Note: An official transcript is required upon acceptance into the program.
To improve our recruitment process, please fill out an optional demographic form. It is a voluntary form and will in no way affect your application. We use information from these forms to improve recruitment for our program. To fill out this optional demographic from, please download this Word file [108 KB] and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org*
2015 Application Timeline
- Application opens: Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Application deadline: Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Notification to intern of acceptance: Friday, March 13, 2015
- Acceptance of internship offer by student and initiation of paperwork: Friday, March 20, 2015
- Internship dates: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 – Friday, August 14, 2015
- Page last reviewed: November 19, 2010
- Page last updated: October 20, 2014
- Content source: