Social Marketing Resources
Social Marketing for Nutrition and Physical Activity
Course number: WB1035
- Explain basic concepts of social marketing, including definitions of key terms and how social marketing is different from traditional public health planning.
- Create a problem description for a social marketing plan.
- Explain the formative research process and how to use it to understand a target audience.
- Use formative research to select an audience segment, secondary audiences, behavior(s) to change, and an appropriate marketing mix.
- Develop a detailed intervention design based on chosen strategies and audience research.
- Write an evaluation plan for a social marketing program.
- Discuss the process of implementing a program.
Method of Participation
You may participate by viewing the web-based course.
CEU: The CDC has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. The CDC is authorized by IACET to offer 0.4 ANSI/IACET CEU's for this program.
CECH: Sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) to receive up to 4.0 Category 1 CECH in health education. CDC provider number GA0082.
To evaluate the web course, receive a certificate, and print a transcript of all your TCEOnline CE activities for credits/contact hours, please go to http://www.cdc.gov/TCEOnline. This course is activity number WB 1035.
Judith McDivitt, PhD
Division of Diabetes Translation, CDC
Rebecca Payne, MPH
Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity, CDC
Patricia Thomas, M(ASCP), MPH, CHES
Office of Workforce and Career Development, CDC
Contact Information/Email Address
Disclosure: In compliance with continuing education requirements, all presenters must disclose any financial or other associations with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters as well as any use of unlabeled product(s) or product(s) under investigational use. CDC, our planners, and the presenters for this seminar do not have financial or other associations with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. This presentation does not involve the unlabeled use of a product or product under investigational use. There was no commercial support for this activity.
CDC and our planners wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. This course does not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
Please note: Some of these publications are available for download only as *.pdf files. These files require Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to be viewed. Please review the information on downloading and using Acrobat Reader software.