"Here is our list of information gaps pertaining to the audience and, well,
frankly, I'm not sure if a couple of these are appropriate."
What we know (existing data)
What we don't know (information gaps)
Formative Research Questions
|Whom do we want to reach?
Potential Ways to Segment:
- Current behavior
- Future Intentions
- Readiness to Change
- Where to Reach Them
- Other Variables
- Decision made to have a broad audience of children, but that
parents would be influential (a secondary audience).
- National-level data on current TV watching behavior that
includes TV usage for children (broken down by age, gender, family
income level, and race and ethnicity).
- Demographic information on families who have participated in
TV-turnoff events over past two years (Wellington TV-Turnoff
- What specific shows children are watching on TV.
- Current behavior of Wellington families. Check national
level data in our community, is Wellington consistent?
- Differences in TV behaviors comparing race, gender, and income
- Knowledge and attitudes of Wellington families about TV.
- Benefits that might encourage behavior change.
- Any additional important secondary audiences or influencers.