After completing this module, you will be able to
- Explain what formative research is and explain why it is important.
- List the steps in the formative research process.
- Describe how the four plan components are revisited and information gaps
are determined (step 1).
- Demonstrate how to write research questions (step 2).
- Explain the process for choosing a data collection method (step 3).
- Discuss the development of instruments (step 4).
- Discuss options for recruiting participants (step 5).
- Explain the data collection process (step 6).
- Explain options for analyzing and reporting on formative research (step