Plan Components for the Problem Description
II. Target Audience
Determine Criteria for Selection
Before you start deliberating about which audiences you might like to work with,
it can be helpful to think about some criteria for selection. Knowing what
characteristics you need or desire in an audience can help you narrow down your
For example, you may decide that your ideal audience would be
- Affected by the problem (or have the ability to change the environment
of those affected by the problem).
- Likely and willing to change their behavior.
- Easily accessible by you or your partners.
- One that your stakeholders are interested in reaching.
- One that fits in with your organization's priorities.
- Have behaviors that are easy to change.
- One that has available existing research you can use.
- One that is not currently being targeted with other programs.