- Explain basic concepts of social marketing, including definitions of key
terms and how social marketing is different from traditional public health
- Create a problem description for a social marketing plan.
- Explain the formative research process and how to use it to understand a
- Use formative research to select an audience segment, secondary
audiences, behavior(s) to change, and an appropriate marketing mix.
- Develop a detailed intervention design based on chosen strategies and
- Write an evaluation plan for a social marketing program.
- Discuss the process of implementing a program.
The target audience is public health professionals (or those working with public
health professionals) who work in the fields of nutrition, physical activity,
or obesity prevention.