Definitions of Key Terms*
Throughout this course you will frequently encounter certain key terms used
in social marketing. Review the following definitions to familiarize yourself
with these terms:
A written description of the aim or goal you
have for the specific behavior you want the target audience to take. It
should be a clear, specific, measurable, and feasible action.
A guiding plan of action for the social marketing program. The
intervention strategy (also called market strategy) encompasses
- Specific target audience segment(s).
- Specific behavior change goal.
- Benefits of the desired behavior to promote.
- Costs and barriers to behavior change that will be minimized.
- The marketing mix (product, price, place, and promotion).
- Activities that will influence or support behavior change.
A complete list of terms and their definitions can be found in the