National Dissemination and Support Initiative
The National Dissemination and Support Initiative of the Community Transformation Grant (CTG) Program will support, disseminate, and amplify the evidence-based strategies of the CTG Program in communities nationwide, including rural and frontier areas and in those areas with health disparities. Six (6) national networks of community-based organizations received nearly $4 million under two separate categories of funding —Dissemination and Acceleration.
- Dissemination grantees will support, disseminate, and amplify the evidence-based strategies of the CTG program nationally. Funded organizations will engage and collaborate with governmental, private, and non-governmental sectors and work to disseminate CTG strategies within their national network of local affiliates, including reaching rural and frontier areas and those experiencing health disparities. Four (4) national networks received Dissemination awards.
- Acceleration awards are intended to help spread CTG work across the country and in particular to help reach rural and frontier areas and areas with health disparities. Funded organizations are required to award at least 50% of their funds to local affiliates to support local communities to assess and address CTG health priorities. Three (3) national networks received Acceleration awards.
CTG concentrates on the causes of chronic disease, with awardees improving health and wellness with strategies that focus on areas such as:
- Clinical and community preventive services to prevent and control high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Tobacco-free living
- Active living and healthy eating
By promoting healthy lifestyles and communities, especially among population groups experiencing the greatest burden of chronic disease, CTGs awardees will help improve health, reduce health disparities, and lower health care costs.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Community Health
4770 Buford Highway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO