Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity
The 2010 Nutrition Summit held on April 28 highlighted federal initiatives that support healthy eating by changing the food environment to one that supports health and wellness. The broadcasts and Summit materials are now available for your review and use. Please take advantage of these resources and share with your colleagues.
- Go to 2010 Nutrition Summit.
Sessions on Demand
View the following speakers as they alert the country to the importance of nutrition and examples of the government sectors and the food and beverage industry working together to improve access and promote the purchase of healthy foods and beverages:
- Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, HHS
- Secretary Thomas Vilsack, USDA
- Deputy Under Secretary Janey Thornton, USDA, Food, Nutrition, and Consumer Services
- Director Thomas Frieden, HHS, CDC
- Commissioner Margaret Hamburg, HHS, FDA
- Surgeon General Regina Benjamin, HHS
- IOM Committee Chair Jane Henney, Strategies to Reduce Sodium Intake
- Commissioner Thomas Farley, NYCDOHMH
For more information about the Summit and to view the full program schedule and list of delayed broadcast sessions, visit: http://www.2010nutritionsummit.com/. Sessions include:
- Access to healthy foods
- Healthy schools: Making healthier food choices easier for the next generation
- Improving food labeling for healthy food choices
Please note: Some of these publications are available for download only as *.pdf files. These files require Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to be viewed. Please review the information on downloading and using Acrobat Reader software.