Training & Education - Epidemiology
Early detection of iron overload requires an understanding of the complex relationships between prevalence of iron overload, HFE gene mutations and penetrance of the disease.
Content in this module includes:
- Prevalence of iron overload and HFE gene mutations.
- Patients at risk for iron overload, hemochromatosis, and hereditary hemochromatosis.
- Penetrance of HFE gene mutations.
- Population screening.
- Understanding iron overload in the context of the patient’s family and medical history.
- Evaluating iron overload in the context of the patient’s medical and family history.
- Page last reviewed: June 10, 2015
- Page last updated: June 10, 2015
- Content source: