Evaluating the iron status of people with these vague, non-specific symptoms facilitates identifying patients early in the disease rather than later when symptoms have already developed.
Content in this module includes:
- Biochemical testing for iron status.
- Ordering transferrin saturation and serum ferritin lab tests.
- Interpreting lab tests results to evaluate iron status.
- Confirming a diagnosis of hemochromatosis.
- Page last reviewed: June 10, 2015
- Page last updated: June 10, 2015
- Content source: