Training & Education - Case Studies
Interactive case studies allow you to practice your skills in diagnosing, treating and managing hemochromatosis patients.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify early symptoms of hemochromatosis.
- Order blood tests necessary to assess iron status.
- Identify appropriate treatment options for hemochromatosis patients.
- Order tests used to monitor iron levels before, during, and after phlebotomy treatments.
- Describe dietary modifications for hemochromatosis patients.
- Make recommendations for family-based detection.
You will review the records of five patients:
- Michael, a middle-aged man with nonspecific complaints and a suggestive family history.
- Marie, a woman with no significant family history.
- Claire, a healthy young woman with a positive family history.
- Patrick, a middle-aged African American man.
- Jon, a healthy young man with no family history.
Note: these case studies were written for educational purposes and are not actual patients. The photographs are not those of actual patients.
- Page last reviewed: September 23, 2010
- Page last updated: September 23, 2010
- Content source: