Disability and Health Data System (DHDS) Tip Sheet
Ready to use Disability and Health Data System?
1. Visit Disability and Health Data System website at http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/disabilityandhealth/dhds.html
2. Navigate to the Getting Started Guide on the left hand column or visit directly at http://dhds.cdc.gov/help/gettingStarted
3. Review the health topic and demographic data guides at http://dhds.cdc.gov/guides/healthtopics and http://dhds.cdc.gov/guides/demographics
4. Build interactive maps, bar charts, trend lines and tables at http://dhds.cdc.gov/dataviews/
5. Read the DHDS Methodology at http://dhds.cdc.gov/methods
Are you a fan of Disability and Health Data System?
1. Include disability in your public health surveillance and research activities, programs, and policies.
2. Review disability and health data specific to your program’s mission.
3. Generate research questions on why a disparity in health may exist for people with disabilities in your area of interest.
4. Link to Disability and Health Data System from your website, social media sites or blogs (use the DHDS web button located at http://www.cdc.gov/SocialMedia/Tools/ButtonsGallery.html)
5. Support the evolution of Disability and Health Data System. Send feedback, comments and questions:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Division of Human Development and Disability
1600 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO