Worksite Health 101
Through the National Healthy Worksite Program (NHWP), numerous training opportunities will be provided within NHWP communities and nationally through webinar-based programs. The Worksite Health 101 training curriculum will be utilized for all NHWP training opportunities. Worksite Health 101 follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Workplace Health Model and provides a comprehensive approach to building healthier worksites.
Information and resources provided in the Worksite Health 101 Training Manual are intended to support training participants in each phase of worksite health program development. While attending all Worksite Health 101 training sessions is encouraged, there are numerous resources in this manual that can assist you in the development or enhancement of worksite health programs, regardless of your participation in all training sessions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
The National Healthy Worksite Program (NHWP)
- NHWP Program Overview [PDF - 301KB]
- CDC Workplace Health Model [PDF - 176KB]
- NHWP Training Opportunities [PDF - 275KB]
- Worksite Health 101 Training Modules [PDF - 205KB]
- NHWP Community Training Opportunities [PDF - 437KB]
- NHWP National Training Opportunities [PDF - 115KB]
Part 1: Making the Case for Worksite Health
- Checklist for Taking Action at your Worksite [PDF - 266KB]
- Making the Case slides [PDF - 476KB]
- Reference List [PDF - 130KB]
Part 2: Leadership and Culture
- Checklist for Taking Action at your Worksite [PDF - 179KB]
- Sample Leadership Communications [PDF - 177KB]
- Sample Worksite Health Team Charter [PDF - 165KB]
- Sample Program Names and Logos [PDF - 328KB]
- Leadership and Culture slides [PDF - 438KB]
Part 3: Assessment and Data Collection
- Checklist for Taking Action at Your Worksite [PDF - 141KB]
- Survey Announcement Letter [PDF - 118KB]
- Assessment and Data Slides [PDF - 455KB]
Part 4: Program Planning and Implementation
- Checklist for Taking Action at Your Worksite [PDF - 120KB]
- Worksite Health Intervention Strategies [PDF - 135KB]
- Worksite Health Intervention Strategy Resource Links [PDF - 110KB]
- Sample Annual Worksite Health Improvement Plan [PDF - 1.49MB]
- Annual Worksite Health Improvement Plan Template [PDF - 307KB]
- Sample Worksite Health Budget [PDF - 126KB]
- Worksite Health Budget Template [PDF - 113KB]
- Program Planning and Implementation Slides [PDF - 464KB]
Part 5: Program Evaluation
Acknowledgements The Worksite Health 101 Resource Manual was developed in partnership by Viridian Health Management LLC and the CDC.
This work is supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under contract No. 200-2011-42034.
To receive ongoing program communications and announcements for specific training and technical assistance dates and times, please contact us at NationalHealthyWork@cdc.gov.
Local and State Resources,