NHWP Community Site Selection
The following criteria were used to identify and select community sites:
- County level health outcomes and health risk factor data;
- Access to community-based health resources such as a community hospital, CDC and non CDC-funded state and community-based health initiatives and programs (e.g., Community Transformation Grants), and the presence of local organizations that have experience supporting workplace health programs; and
- A sufficient employer base and overall population to support the program.
Preference was given to communities with significant health disparities and to communities that allowed for the inclusion of urban/rural localities, industry sector diversity, and demographic diversity. Based on these criteria, the following sites have been selected with their local community director program contacts:
Click on the map below to visit each NHWP Community profile.
View the NHWP Site Selection Presentation:
- Page last reviewed: December 5, 2014
- Page last updated: December 5, 2014
- Content source: