The museum will be closed for exhibit installation September 9-26, 2014. Please join us on Saturday, September 27th as we open What's Cooking, Uncle Sam? and celebrate Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day Live!
Student Field Trip Experience
- Target Audience: 7th-12th grade students.
- Length of visit: 2 hours
- Group Size: 10-40 (not including chaperones)
- Chaperones: One chaperone for every 10 students is required.
Adult Group Tour
- Target Audience: Undergraduate/graduate students, other adult groups.
- Length of visit: 1.5 hours
- Group Size: 10-30 adults
The David J. Sencer CDC Museum offers the following opportunities for groups of ten or more wishing to participate in a guided tour of our exhibits. Reservations are not required for groups with less than 10 visitors. All tours cover the current temporary exhibit and The Story of CDC permanent exhibit. Tour guides are either David J. Sencer CDC Museum staff or CDC employees who volunteer as tour guides. The exhibits are most appropriate for middle school, high school and adult groups. For this reason daycare and elementary school groups are strongly discouraged.
Applicable to All Groups:
- Reservations for a tour must be made at least a week in advance by completing the online form. Your tour is not scheduled until you receive a confirmation email.
- Guided tours are available at 9:30AM, 11:00AM, 12:30 PM or 3:00PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Self-guided tours are available Monday-Friday 9 AM - 5 PM, with hours extended to 7 PM on Thursday. For security reasons, a group coming for a self-guided tour must also make a reservation.
- All visitors must show government-issued picture IDs. Students under 18 years do not need to show IDs as long as they are accompanied by adults with IDs.
- Any group more than 15 minutes late may forfeit its right to a guided tour, and will have to take a self-guided tour of the museum exhibits.
- Guidelines limiting the maximum number of tour participants are designed to help ensure the safety and security of our visitors. These numbers are strictly enforced.
To request a guided tour, please complete the online form.
- Page last reviewed: June 25, 2013
- Page last updated: June 25, 2013
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media