Mumps Outbreak Articles
For more information about the 2009-2010 outbreak, please refer to the following articles:
- Parker Fiebelkorn A, Lawler J, Curns AT, Brandeburg C, Wallace GS. Mumps Postexposure Prophylaxis with a Third Dose of Measles-Mumps-Rubella Vaccine, Orange County, New York, USA. Emerg Infect Dis 2013 Sep;19(9):1411-7.
- Nelson GE, Aguon A, Valencia E, Oliva R, Guerrero ML, Reyes R, et al. Epidemiology of a mumps outbreak in a highly vaccinated island population and use of a third dose of measles-mumps-rubella vaccine for outbreak control—Guam 2009 to 2010. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Apr;32(4):374-80. DOI PubMed
- Rota JS, Rosen JB, Doll MK, McNall RJ, McGrew M, Williams N, Lopareva EN, Barskey AE, Punsalang A Jr, Rota PA, Oleszko WR, Hickman CJ, Zimmerman CM, Bellini WJ. Comparison of the sensitivity of laboratory diagnostic methods from a well-characterized outbreak of mumps in New York City in 2009. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Mar;20(3):391-6. DOI PubMed
- Parker Fiebelkorn A, Rosen JB, Brown C, Zimmerman CM, Renshowitz H, D'Andrea C, et al. Environmental factors potentially associated with mumps transmission in yeshivas during a mumps outbreak among highly vaccinated students: Brooklyn, New York, 2009-2010. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013 Jan;9(1):189-94. DOI PubMed
- Ogbuanu IU, Kutty PK, Hudson JM, Blog D, Abedi GR, Goodell S, et al. Impact of a third dose of measles-mumps-rubella vaccine on a mumps outbreak. Pediatrics. 2012 Dec;130(6):e1567-74. DOI PubMed
- Abedi GR, Mutuc JD, Lawler J, Leroy ZC, Hudson JM, Blog DS, et al. Adverse events following a third dose of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine in a mumps outbreak. Vaccine. 2012 Nov 19;30(49):7052-8. DOI PubMed
- Barskey AE, Schulte C, Rosen JB, Handschur EF, Rausch-Phung E, Doll MK, et al. Mumps outbreak in Orthodox Jewish communities in the United States. N Engl J Med. 2012 Nov;367(18):1704-13. DOI PubMed
- Mahamud A, Fiebelkorn AP, Nelson G, Aguon A, McKenna J, Villarruel G, et al. Economic impact of the 2009-2010 Guam mumps outbreak on the public health sector and affected families. Vaccine. 2012 Oct 5;30(45):6444-8. DOI PubMed
- CDC. Update: Mumps outbreak - New York and New Jersey, June 2009-January 2010.
- CDC. Mumps outbreak - New York, New Jersey, Quebec, 2009.
For more information about the 2006 outbreak, please see the following articles:
- Mumps vaccination coverage and vaccine effectiveness in a large outbreak among college students—Iowa, 2006.
Vaccine Vol 26, No 29-30;3601-3607 July 04, 2008
- Mumps Vaccine Performance Among University Students During a Mumps Outbreak.
Clin Inf Dis 46: 1172–1180 04/15/2008
- Recent Resurgence of Mumps in the United States.
N Engl J Med 358: 1580–9 April 10, 2008
- Update: Mumps Activity — United States, January 1-October 7, 2006
MMWR Vol 55, No 14;283-291 October 27, 2006
- Update: Multistate Outbreak of Mumps — United States, January 1 - May 2, 2006
MMWR Vol 55 (Dispatch);1-5 May 18, 2006
- CDC Health Advisory—Multi-state Mumps Outbreak (April 14, 2006)
Health Alert Network (CDCHAN-00244-2006-04-15-UPD-N) April 15, 2006
- Exposure to Mumps During Air Travel — United States, April 2006
MMWR Vol 55, No 14;401-402 April 14, 2006
- Exposure to Mumps During Air Travel
MMWR Vol 55(Dispatch);1-2 April 11, 2006
- Mumps Epidemic-Iowa, 2006
MMWR Vol 55(Dispatch);1-3 April 7, 2006
- Dispatch—Mumps Epidemic-Iowa, 2006
MMWR Vol 55, No 13;366-368 March 30, 2006
Information on other mumps outbreaks can be found in the following articles:
- Mumps Resurgences in the United States: A Historical Perspective
Vaccine Vol 27, No 44;6186-95 October 19, 2009
- Mumps Outbreak at a Summer Camp—NY, 2005
MMWR Vol 55, No 07;175-177 February 24, 2006
- Mumps Epidemic-United Kingdom, 2004-2005
MMWR Vol 55, No 07;173-175 February 24, 2006
- Mumps Alert for Camps, Summer 2010[2 pages]
Note: This document is include for historical purposes and will not be reviewed or updated.
- Page last reviewed: April 9, 2014
- Page last updated: April 9, 2014
- Content source: