Motorcycle Safety Guide: Motorcycle Safety: A Public Health Perspective
- The single most effective way for states to save lives and save money is a universal helmet law.
- Helmets reduce the risk of death by 37%.
- Helmets reduce the risk of head injury by 69%.
- The United States saved $3 billion due to helmet use in 2010.
- The United States could have saved an additional $1.4 billion in 2010 if all motorcyclists had worn helmets.
- Helmets do not reduce visibility or impair hearing.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC)
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO