Solve the Outbreak
Play Solve the Outbreak on the CDC Website Today!
Solve the Outbreak is now available on desktop computers in the web browser.
Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to get clues and analyze data to Solve the Outbreak and save lives. In this fun, interactive app you get to try your hand at becoming a Disease Detective. You’ll travel the world chasing outbreaks like the ones real-life CDC Disease Detectives help fight. Should you quarantine the town, send for more lab results, or alert the media?
The better your answers, the faster you’ll climb the ranks and achieve Disease Detective status! Master Level 1 to unlock even more exciting scenarios and earn honors for your demonstrated expertise!
- Only works on Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and IE 10+.
- Safari on windows must have QuickTime installed.
- Game uses local storage, which must not be erased in order to save game progress.
- Page last reviewed: October 17, 2014
- Page last updated: October 17, 2014
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media