Internships, fellowships and other student opportunities
Blog devoted to increasing awareness of health inequities.
Upcoming Minority Health summits, forums and activities
Quarterly newsletter sharing news about health equity.
Minority Health Determines the Health of the Nation - The United States has become increasingly diverse in the last century. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, approximately 36 percent of the population belongs to a racial or ethnic minority group. Though health indicators such as life expectancy and infant mortality have improved for most Americans, some minorities experience a disproportionate burden of preventable disease, death, and disability compared with non-minorities.
CDC and HHS Campaigns
- Vital Signs
- CDC Works for You 24-7
- Health Literacy: Accurate, Accessible and Actionable Health Information for All
- Global Health
- Other Language Resources
- HHS Million Hearts
- Million Hearts: Strategies to Reduce the Prevalence of Leading Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors --- United States, 2011
- HHS Think Cultural Health
- National Partnership for Action (NPA)
- HHS Action Plan to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities
- National Stakeholder Strategy for Achieving Health Equity
- HHS Toolkit!
- Page last reviewed: September 8, 2016
- Page last updated: September 8, 2016
- Content source: