Executive Leadership & Expert Bios
Areas of Expertise
- Application of Research to Programs and Practice
Corinne M. Graffunder, DrPH, MPH
Director, National Prevention and Health Promotion Strategy
Corinne Graffunder, DrPH, MPH, is currently in CDC's Office of the Associate Director for Policy where she is leading the development of the National Prevention and Health Promotion Strategy. Part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, this Strategy will set specific goals and objectives for improving the health of the United States through prevention, health promotion and public health programs.
Corinne joined the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 1987 and has held positions in CDC's National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control and National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.
She received her doctorate from the University of North Carolina's Executive Doctoral Program in Health Leadership, Department of Health Policy and Management. Her Masters of Public Health and Bachelors of Science in Health Behavior and Education are from the University of South Carolina.
To request an interview, call CDC's Division of News and Electronic Media at (404) 639-3286, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Page last reviewed: February 16, 2011
- Page last updated: February 16, 2011
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media
- Notice: Links to non-governmental sites do not necessarily represent the views of the CDC.