CDC Press Conference on Vital Signs Report: Adult Smoking Prevalence and Secondhand Smoke
For Immediate Release: September 7, 2010
Contact: CDC Media Relations
CDC will host a press briefing to discuss the new Vital Signs report on adult smoking prevalence and secondhand smoke.
- Thomas R. Frieden, M.D., M.P.H., Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Terry Pechacek, Ph.D., Associate Director of Science, Office on Smoking and Health
Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 1:30pm ET
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Tom Harkin Global Communications Center (Building 19), Press Room
For directions to CDC, please visit http://www.cdc.gov/about/resources/visitGuide.htm#direction.
Parking is available in the Building 19 parking deck located on CDC Parkway. Media should arrive at the CDC no later than 1:00pm. Media must present photo ID for access.
Media who cannot attend in person can listen and ask questions by toll-free conference line. Please dial in a few minutes before the state of the conference.
This press briefing will be broadcast live at www.cdc.gov/media. We strongly encourage non-media to use this option for viewing.
- Broadband: http://cdc.wl.miisolutions.net/live/cdc/6
- Dial-up or slower connection: http://cdc.wl.miisolutions.net/live/cdc/7
* Please dial in 10 to 15 minutes before the start of the press conference.
- Media: 888-795-0855
- Non-Media: 800-779-8692
- International: 1-517-308-9106
- Passcode: CDC Media
Important Instructions: If you would like to ask a question during the call, press *1 on your touchtone phone. Press *2 to withdraw your question. You may queue up at any time. You will hear a tone to indicate your question is pending.
Call Crawford Communications Bookings at 1-800-243-1995 to make arrangements for broadcast feed.
A transcript of this press conference will be available following the briefing at the CDC media relations web site, www.cdc.gov/media.
- Historical Document: September 7, 2010
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media
- Notice: Links to non-governmental sites do not necessarily represent the views of the CDC.
Get e-mail updates
To receive e-mail updates about this page, enter your
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO