This page is a historical archive and is no longer maintained.
For current information, please visit http://www.cdc.gov/media/
For Immediate Release: May 7, 2009
Contact: Division of News & Electronic Media, Office of Communication
CDC Telebriefing on New England Journal of Medicine Articles on H1N1 Flu
CDC will host a PHONE ONLY press briefing to discuss two New England Journal of Medicine articles by CDC authors on H1N1 Flu. The articles are title "Human Infections with Triple-Reassortant Swine Influenza A (H1) Viruses in the United States, 2005-2009" and "Emergence of a Novel Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus in Humans."
- Carolyn Bridges, MD, Medical Epidemiologist, CDC National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Disease (NCIRD)
- Fatimah Dawood, MD, Medical Epidemiologist, CDC NCIRD
- Lyn Finelli, MD, Medical Epidemiologist, CDC NCIRD
- Michael Shaw, PhD, Microbiologist, CDC NCIRD
Thursday May 7, 2009 at 4:00 p.m. ET
888-795-0855 MEDIA ONLY
800-369-2153 NON MEDIA
PASSCODE: CDC Media
Important Instructions: If you would like to ask a question during the call, press *1 on your touchtone phone. Press *2 to withdraw your question. You may queue up at any time. You will hear a tone to indicate your question is pending.
LISTEN-ONLY AUDIO WEBCAST:
This press briefing will also be available via listen-only audio web site at http://www.videonewswire.com/event.asp?id=58947. We strongly encourage non-media participants to use the webcast.
Please direct all media inquiries regarding the Swine Flu outbreak to one of the following e-mail boxes:
- MediaOutbreak@cdc.gov (All print and web inquiries)
- RadioOutbreak@cdc.gov (All radio interview requests)
- TVOutbreak@cdc.gov (All television interview requests)
A transcript of this media availability will be available following the briefing at the CDC web site at www.cdc.gov/media.
The full text of the articles will be available at http://www.nejm.org/.
An update on the ongoing investigation will be available at http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/. This page will be updated daily.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this site, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO