CDC Media Advisory
Work-Related Injury Deaths of Hispanic Workers
For Immediate Release: June 5, 2008
Contact: CDC Division of Media Relations (404)639-3286
Dr. Sherry Baron, Coordinator, Occupational Health Disparities
Program, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Scott Richardson, Director of the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI)
The CDC will discuss new statistical data about work-related fatalities among Hispanic workers in the U.S. help focus further efforts to prevent these fatalities.
Thursday, June 5, 2008, 12:00 p.m., ET
Brief remarks followed by Q&A
- Media: 888-795-0855
- Listen Only: 877-709-5346
- INTERNATIONAL: 1-773-799-3727
- PASSCODE: CDC Media
If you would like to ask a question during the call, press *1 on your touchtone phone. Press *2 to withdraw your question. You may queue up at any time. You will hear a tone to indicate your question is pending.
LISTEN-ONLY AUDIO WEBCAST
This media availability will also available via listen-only audio web cast at www.cdc.gov/media.
A transcript of this media availability will be available following the briefing at the CDC web site at www.cdc.gov/media.
- Historical Document: June 5, 2008
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Communication
- Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.
Get e-mail updates
To receive e-mail updates about this page, enter your
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO