CDC Media Advisory
National Influenza Vaccine Summit
National Influenza Summit Meeting in Atlanta to Address 2008 – 2009 Influenza Vaccine Issues
For Immediate Release: May 7, 2008
Contact: CDC Division of Media Relations (404)639-3286
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Medical Association (AMA) will host more than 200 private and public health providers, vaccine manufactures, and professional medical and health organizations.
The Summit participants will meet to identify influenza vaccination issues experienced during the 2007-2008 influenza vaccination seasons and develop recommendations and activities for the 2008-2009 influenza seasons, focusing on vaccine supply and distribution issues.
Monday, May 12 and Tuesday May 13, convening Monday at 1:00 p.m. and adjourning Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. Dinner program will begin Monday, May 12 at 6:00 pm. Influenza vaccine manufacturers will provide 2008 – 09 influenza vaccine supply projections beginning at 7:30 pm. Members of the media who wish to attend should contact Curtis Allen at 404-639-8487 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JW Marriott Buckhead, 3300 Lenox Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30326, Phone: (404) 262-3344.
Conference Topics Include:
- Vaccine supply for 2008-09 influenza season
- Vaccine strain growth
- Increasing coverage among health-care personnel and other populations
- Maintaining and increasing the number of vaccine providers
- Implementing the new recommendations for school-aged children
- Influenza vaccine safety
- Monitoring vaccine distribution
- Innovative projects and partnerships to increase vaccine coverage
Members of the media are asked to check-in at the conference registration table. There will be media table with telephone lines for print reporters and an area for cameras with sound connections for broadcast media.
- Historical Document: May 7, 2008
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Communication
- Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.
Get e-mail updates
To receive e-mail updates about this page, enter your
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO