CDC Media Advisory
Meeting of the CDC′s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
For Immediate Release: June 25, 2007
Contact: CDC Media Relations (404) 639-3286
Meeting of the CDC′s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
June 27 - 28, 2007
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Tom Harkin Global Communications Center (Building 19), Room 232
Hepatitis A Vaccine Prophylaxis
- The ACIP will consider recommendations to allow for the option of using hepatitis A vaccine instead of immune globulin (IG) after exposure to hepatitis A virus.
Adult Immunization Schedule
- ACIP will review and make recommendations for the 2007-08 Adult Immunization Schedule.
- ACIP will consider a possible change in recommendations for FluMist to include children younger than five years of age. (A FDA Warning letter sent to MedImmune regarding manufacturing issues (May 25, 2007) may delay a vote.)
Human Papillomavirus Vaccines
- Bivalent HPV vaccine - Update from the phase III vaccine efficacy trials. This will be the first time GSK will publicly present efficacy and safety data from their phase III trial.
- Quadrilvalent HPV vaccine - Update on clinical trials
- Post licensure quadrivalent HPV vaccine safety monitoring
Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine
- The ACIP will consider a proposal to simplify the recommendation for Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV4) by recommending routine vaccination of adolescents 11-18 years of age.
To speed security clearance at CDC′s Clifton Road campus, ACIP attendees (participants and visitors) should register online at http://www.cdc.gov/nip/ACIP/dates.htm . You will receive a placard for your vehicle (parking tag) and instructions for navigating the secured CDC environment for attending the ACIP meeting once registration is complete.
- Historical Document: June 25, 2007
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Communication
- Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.
Get e-mail updates
To receive e-mail updates about this page, enter your
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO