CDC Media Advisory
CDC Issues Interim Guidance for the Use of Facemasks and Respirators in Public Settings During an Influenza Pandemic
For Immediate Release: May 3, 2007
Contact: CDC Media Relations (404) 639-3286
- Listen to the Briefing
- UPDATED ADDITIONAL RESOURCES: B-roll available from Crawford Communications immediately following the press briefing. Also The Interim Guidance for the Use of Facemasks and Respirators in Public Settings will be available at http://pandemicflu.gov/
- INTERIM GUIDANCE ISSUED FOR THE USE OF FACEMASKS AND RESPIRATORS IN PUBLIC SETTINGS DURING AN INFLUENZA PANDEMIC
Press Release May 3, 2007
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director CDC
Dr. Michael Bell, Associate Director for Infection Control, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases (NCPDCID)
Lt. Cmdr. Lisa Delaney, Industrial Hygienist, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Roland BerryAnn, Deputy Director of National Personal Protective Technology Laboratories (NIOSH)
Thursday, May 3, 2007
12:00 PM ET
Brief remarks followed by Q&A.
To address questions and issues surrounding the use of masks and respirators by the general public during a pandemic.
Parking is available in the Building 19 parking deck located on CDC Parkway. Media should arrive at the CDC by 11:30 AM. Media must present photo ID for access.
Media who cannot attend in person can listen and ask questions by toll-free conference line. The briefing will begin promptly; media should dial in a few minutes before the start of the conference.
International Dial-in: 1-212-287-1716
Passcode: CDC Media
If you would like to ask a question during the call, press *1 on your touchtone phone. Press *2 to withdraw your question. You may queue up at any time. You will hear a tone to indicate your question is pending.
Call Crawford Communications at 678-421-6604 to make arrangements for broadcast feed.
LISTEN-ONLY AUDIO WEBCAST
This media availability will also available via listen-only audio web cast at www.cdc.gov/media.
- Page last reviewed: May 3, 2007
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Communication
- Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.
Get e-mail updates
To receive e-mail updates about this page, enter your
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO