CDC Media Advisory
National Influenza Vaccine Summit
Dr. Julie Gerberding to Address National Influenza Summit Meeting in Atlanta to Address 2007 – 2008 Influenza Vaccine Issues
For Immediate Release: Aptil 17, 2007
Contact: Curtis Allen, CDC Division of Media Relations
(404) 639–3286 or (678) 431-7305
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Medical Association (AMA) will host more than 200 private and public health providers, vaccine manufactures, and professional medical and health organizations.
The Summit participants will meet to identify influenza vaccination issues experienced during the 2006-2007 influenza vaccination seasons and develop recommendations and activities for the 2007-2008 influenza seasons, focusing on vaccine supply and distribution issues.
Thursday, April 19 and Friday, April 20, 2007, convening Thursday morning at 8:00 a.m. and adjourning Friday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. CDC director Dr. Julie Gerberding will address the Summit during the opening session at 8:05 a.m., Thursday, April, 19.
JW Marriott Buckhead, 3300 Lenox Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30326. Phone: (404) 262-3344.
Conference Topics Include
- Vaccine supply for 2007-08 influenza season
- Influenza immunization recommendations
- Pediatric vaccine supply issues
- Vaccine supply chain – production through delivery
- Influenza vaccine tracking system
- Monitoring vaccine distribution
- Vaccine uptake monitoring
- Finance issues
- Innovative projects and partnerships to increase vaccine coverage.
Members of the media are asked to check-in at the conference registration table. There will be media table with telephone lines for print reporters and an area for cameras with sound connections for broadcast media.
- Historical Document: Aptil 17, 2007
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Communication
- Notice: Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by HHS, CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.
Get e-mail updates
To receive e-mail updates about this page, enter your
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO