Measles References and Resources
- Surveillance Manual – Chapter 7: Measles
The Manual for the Surveillance of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases provides current guidelines for those directly involved in surveillance of vaccine-preventable diseases, especially personnel at the local health departments.
- Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases: Measles
(Also called the Pink Book) Describes the measles virus, pathogenesis, clinical features, complications, laboratory diagnosis, occurrence, transmission, secular trends, classifications of measles cases, measles vaccine, vaccination schedule and use, adverse reactions following vaccination, contraindications and precautions to vaccination, and vaccine storage and handling.
- Travelers Health: Yellow Book: Measles
Measles chapter from CDC’s Health Information for International Travel 2008 (Prevention of Specific Infectious Diseases.) Describes the occurrence, risk for travelers, clinical presentation, prevention, and treatment of measles.
- MMWR Articles
Measles-related articles published in CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
- Notifiable Diseases/Deaths in Selected Cities Weekly Information
The most current volume of CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report with links to information on cases of measles (and other diseases) reported each week.
- WHO Measles and Rubella Laboratory Documents
The World Health Organization's list of publications related to the measles and rubella laboratory network. Includes Weekly Epi Records (WER).
- PAHO Measles Featured Items
Featured publications from the Pan American Health Organization.
- PAHO Measles Weekly Bulletins
An archive of the Pan American Health Organization’s Weekly Measles Bulletins.
- PAHO Immunization Field Guides
Field guides on measles and other vaccine-preventable diseases from the Pan American Health Organization.
- Page last reviewed: November 3, 2014
- Page last updated: November 3, 2014
- Content source: