- FDA Revises Mefloquine Labeling; Drug Still Recommended
- Our Glob al Voices Blog - CDC Malaria Hotline—When the Caller is Ill Abroad
- Sustain Gains, Save Lives - World Malaria Day, April 25
Malaria is a mosquito-borne disease caused by a parasite. People with malaria often experience fever, chills, and flu-like illness. Left untreated, they may develop severe complications and die. In 2010 an estimated 219 million cases of malaria occurred worldwide and 660,000 people died, most (91%) in the African Region.
Get email updates about Malaria
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
- Health care providers needing assistance with diagnosis or management of suspected cases of malaria should call the CDC Malaria Hotline:
770-488-7788 or 855-856-4713 toll-free
(M-F, 9am-5pm, eastern time).
- Emergency consultation after hours, call:
and request to speak with a CDC Malaria Branch clinician.