Selected weekly by a senior CDC scientist from the standard sections listed below.
- Application of real time RT-PCR for the genetic homogeneity and stability tests of the seed candidates for live attenuated influenza vaccine production
Shcherbik S, Sergent SB, Davis WG, Shu B, Barnes J, Kiseleva I, Larionova N, Klimov A, Bousse T.
J Virol Methods. 2014 Jan;195:18-25.
- Decrease in formalin-inactivated respiratory syncytial virus (FI-RSV) enhanced disease with RSV G glycoprotein peptide immunization in BALB/c mice
Rey GU, Miao C, Caidi H, Trivedi SU, Harcourt JL, Tripp RA, Anderson LJ, Haynes LM.
PLoS One. 2013 ;8(12):e83075.
- Program collaboration and service integration activities among HIV programs in 59 U.S. health departments
Fitz Harris LF, Toledo L, Dunbar E, Aquino GA, Nesheim SR.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(Suppl 1):33-42.
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea diagnosis, treatment, personnel cost savings, and service delivery improvements after the implementation of express sexually transmitted disease testing in Maricopa County, Arizona
Rukh S, Khurana R, Mickey T, Anderson L, Velasquez C, Taylor M.
Sex Transm Dis. 2014 Jan;41(1):74-8.
The names of CDC authors are indicated in bold text.
Articles published in the past 6-8 weeks authored by CDC or ATSDR staff.
- Health and economic impact of breast cancer mortality in young women, 1970-2008
Ekwueme DU, Guy GP, Rim SH, White A, Hall IJ, Fairley TL, Dean HD.
Am J Prev Med. 2014 Jan;46(1):71-9.
- Self-monitoring as a mediator of weight loss in the SMART randomized clinical trial
Turk MW, Elci OU, Wang J, Sereika SM, Ewing LJ, Acharya SD, Glanz K, Burke LE.
Int J Behav Med. 2013 Dec;20(4):556-61.
- Relationship between persistent pain and 5-year mortality: a population-based prospective cohort study
Shega JW, Andrew M, Kotwal A, Lau DT, Herr K, Ersek M, Weiner DK, Chin MH, Dale W.
J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013 Dec;61(12):2135-41.
- Surveillance instructions and knowledge among African American colorectal cancer survivors
Pisu M, Holt CL, Brown-Galvan A, Fairley T, Smith JL, White A, Hall IJ, Oster RA, Martin MY.
J Oncol Pract. 2014 Jan 2.
- Diagnosis, management, and prevention of rotavirus gastroenteritis in children
Parashar UD, Nelson EA, Kang G.
BMJ. 2013 ;347:f7204.
- High burden of rotavirus gastroenteritis in young children in rural western Kenya, 2010-2011
Khagayi S, Burton DC, Onkoba R, Ochieng B, Ismail A, Mutonga D, Muthoni J, Feikin DR, Breiman RF, Mwenda JM, Odhiambo F, Laserson KF.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 1:S34-40.
- A tuberculosis outbreak fueled by cross-border travel and illicit substances: Nevada and Arizona
Mitruka K, Blake H, Ricks P, Miramontes R, Bamrah S, Chee C, Hickstein L.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(1):78-85.
- Trends in reported syphilis and gonorrhea among HIV-infected people in Arizona: implications for prevention and control
Skinner JM, Distefano J, Warrington J, Bailey SR, Winscott M, Taylor MM.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(Suppl 1):85-94.
- Trends in receipt of sexually transmitted disease services among women 15 to 44 years old in the United States, 2002 to 2006-2010
Haderxhanaj LT, Gift TL, Loosier PS, Cramer RC, Leichliter JS.
Sex Transm Dis. 2014 Jan;41(1):67-73.
- Survey of New Mexico school health professionals regarding preparedness to support sexual minority students
Mahdi I, Jevertson J, Schrader R, Nelson A, Ramos MM.
J Sch Health. 2014 Jan;84(1):18-24.
- A novel integration effort to reduce the risk for alcohol-exposed pregnancy among women attending urban STD clinics
Hutton HE, Chander G, Green PP, Hutsell CA, Weingarten K, Peterson KL.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(Suppl 1):56-62.
- The national inventory of core capabilities for pandemic influenza preparedness and response: an instrument for planning and evaluation
Macdonald G, Moen AC, St Louis ME.
Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2013 Dec 23.
- Accreditation and emergency preparedness: linkages and opportunities for leveraging the connections
Singleton CM, Corso L, Koester D, Carlson V, Bevc CA, Davis MV.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):119-24.
- Factors influencing school closure and dismissal decisions: influenza A (H1N1), Michigan 2009
Dooyema CA, Copeland D, Sinclair JR, Shi J, Wilkins M, Wells E, Collins J.
J Sch Health. 2014 Jan;84(1):56-62.
- Urban leptospirosis in Africa: a cross-sectional survey of leptospira infection in rodents in the Kibera urban settlement, Nairobi, Kenya
Halliday JE, Knobel DL, Allan KJ, de CB, Handel I, Agwanda B, Cutler SJ, Olack B, Ahmed A, Hartskeerl RA, Njenga MK, Cleaveland S, Breiman RF.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013 Dec;89(6):1095-102.
- Phenotypic variation among Culex pipiens complex (Diptera: Culicidae) populations from the Sacramento Valley, California: horizontal and vertical transmission of West Nile virus, diapause potential, autogeny, and host selection
Nelms BM, Kothera L, Thiemann T, Macedo PA, Savage HM, Reisen WK.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013 Dec;89(6):1168-78.
- Eco-geographical differentiation among Colombian populations of the Chagas disease vector Triatoma dimidiata (Hemiptera: Reduviidae)
Gomez-Palacio A, Triana O, Jaramillo ON, Dotson EM, Marcet PL.
Infect Genet Evol. 2013 Dec;20:352-61.
- Increased hand washing reduces influenza virus surface contamination in Bangkok households, 2009-2010
Levy JW, Suntarattiwong P, Simmerman JM, Jarman RG, Johnson K, Olsen SJ, Chotpitayasunondh T.
Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2014 Jan;8(1):13-6.
- Preparing for safety monitoring after rotavirus vaccine implementation: a retrospective review of intussusception cases among children at a large teaching hospital in Rwanda, 2009-2012
Ngendahayo E, Bonane A, Ntakiyiruta G, Munyanshongore A, Muganga N, Bikoroti J, Mwenda JM, Tate JE, Ngabo F.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 1:S99-S103.
- Serum concentrations of TCDD and other dioxin-like compounds in US Air Force veterans of Operation Ranch Hand
Pavuk M, Patterson DG, Turner WE.
Chemosphere. 2013 Dec 27.
- Urinary polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and childhood obesity: NHANES (2001-2006)
Scinicariello F, Buser MC.
Environ Health Perspect. 2013 Jan 3.
- Brominated flame retardants in breast milk and behavioural and cognitive development at 36 months
Adgent MA, Hoffman K, Goldman BD, Sjodin A, Daniels JL.
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2014 Jan;28(1):48-57.
- Serum concentrations of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in participants of the Anniston Community Health Survey
Pavuk M, Olson JR, Sjodin A, Wolff P, Turner WE, Shelton C, Dutton ND, Bartell S.
Sci Total Environ. 2013 Dec 26;473-474c:286-297.
- Completion of advance directives among U.S. consumers
Rao JK, Anderson LA, Lin FC, Laux JP.
Am J Prev Med. 2014 Jan;46(1):65-70.
- Burden of encephalitis-associated hospitalizations in the United States, 1998-2010
Vora NM, Holman RC, Mehal JM, Steiner CA, Blanton J, Sejvar J.
Neurology. 2014 Jan 2.
- Use of population-based surveillance to determine the incidence of rotavirus gastroenteritis in an urban slum and a rural setting in Kenya
Breiman RF, Cosmas L, Audi A, Mwiti W, Njuguna H, Bigogo GM, Olack B, Ochieng JB, Wamola N, Montgomery JM, Williamson J, Parashar UD, Burton DC, Tate JE, Feikin DR.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 1:S54-61.
- Preparing for the scale-up of rotavirus vaccine introduction in Africa: establishing surveillance platforms to monitor disease nurden and vaccine impact
Mwenda JM, Tate JE, Steele AD, Parashar UD.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 1:S1-5.
- Data harmonization process for creating the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention Atlas
Elmore K, Nelson R, Gant Z, Jeffries C, Broeker L, Mirabito M, Roberts H.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(Suppl 1):63-69.
- Facebook-augmented partner notification in a cluster of syphilis cases in Milwaukee
Hunter P, Oyervides O, Grande KM, Prater D, Vann V, Reitl I, Biedrzycki PA.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(Suppl 1):43-49.
- Comparing active and passive varicella surveillance in Philadelphia, 2005-2010: recommendations for the transition to nationwide passive varicella disease surveillance
Viner K, Perella D, Lopez A, Bialek S, Nguyen M, Spells N, Watson B.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(1):47-54.
- Mutation analysis of a cohort of US patients with hemophilia B
Li T, Miller CH, Driggers J, Payne AB, Ellingsen D, Hooper WC.
Am J Hematol. 2013 Dec 4.
- Full-length genome characterization and genetic relatedness analysis of hepatitis A virus outbreak strains associated with acute liver failure among children
Vaughan G, Forbi JC, Xia GL, Fonseca-Ford M, Vazquez R, Khudyakov YE, Montiel S, Waterman S, Alpuche C, Goncalves Rossi LM, Luna N.
J Med Virol. 2014 Feb;86(2):202-8.
- Rotavirus G and P types circulating in the eastern region of Kenya: predominance of G9 and emergence of G12 genotypes
Kiulia NM, Nyaga MM, Seheri ML, Wolfaardt M, van Zyl WB, Esona MD, Irimu G, Inoti M, Gatinu BW, Njenga PK, Taylor MB, Nyachieo A.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 1:S85-8.
- Substance use and sexual risk behaviors among American Indian and Alaska Native high school students
de Ravello L, Everett Jones S, Tulloch S, Taylor M, Doshi S.
J Sch Health. 2014 Jan;84(1):25-32.
- Overview of the CDC Cervical Cancer (Cx3) Study: an educational intervention of HPV testing for cervical cancer screening
Benard VB, Saraiya M, Greek A, Hawkins NA, Roland KB, Manninen D, Ekwueme DU, Miller JW, Unger ER.
J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2013 Dec 31.
- Geographic and racial patterns of preventable hospitalizations for hypertension: Medicare beneficiaries, 2004-2009
Will JC, Nwaise IA, Schieb L, Zhong Y.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(1):8-18.
- Diarrheal illness among US residents providing medical services in Haiti during the cholera epidemic, 2010 to 2011
Schilling KA, Cartwright EJ, Stamper J, Locke M, Esposito DH, Balaban V, Mintz E.
J Travel Med. 2014 Jan;21(1):55-7.
- Three cases of donor-derived pulmonary tuberculosis in lung transplant recipients and review of 12 previously reported cases: opportunities for early diagnosis and prevention
Mortensen E, Hellinger W, Keller C, Cowan LS, Shaw T, Hwang S, Pegues D, Ahmedov S, Salfinger M, Bower WA.
Transpl Infect Dis. 2014 Jan 3.
- Reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System after hepatitis A and hepatitis AB vaccines in pregnant women
Moro PL, Museru OI, Niu M, Lewis P, Broder K.
Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Dec 27.
- The evolution and diversity of a low complexity vaccine candidate, merozoite surface protein 9 (MSP-9), in Plasmodium vivax and closely related species
Chenet SM, Pacheco MA, Bacon DJ, Collins WE, Barnwell JW, Escalante AA.
Infect Genet Evol. 2013 Dec;20:239-48.
- Systematic review of the effect of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine dosing schedules on vaccine-type invasive pneumococcal disease among young children
Conklin L, Loo JD, Kirk J, Fleming-Dutra KE, Deloria Knoll M, Park DE, Goldblatt D, O'Brien KL, Whitney CG.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 2:S109-18.
- Systematic review of the effect of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine dosing schedules on immunogenicity
Deloria Knoll M, Park DE, Johnson TS, Chandir S, Nonyane BA, Conklin L, Fleming-Dutra KE, Loo JD, Goldblatt D, Whitney CG, O'Brien KL.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 2:S119-29.
- Systematic review of the effect of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine dosing schedules on vaccine-type nasopharyngeal carriage
Fleming-Dutra KE, Conklin L, Loo JD, Knoll MD, Park DE, Kirk J, Goldblatt D, Whitney CG, O'Brien KL.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 2:S152-60.
- Systematic review of the effect of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine dosing schedules on prevention of pneumonia
Loo JD, Conklin L, Fleming-Dutra KE, Deloria Knoll M, Park DE, Kirk J, Goldblatt D, O'Brien KL, Whitney CG.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 2:S140-51.
- Systematic review of the indirect effect of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine dosing schedules on pneumococcal disease and colonization
Loo JD, Conklin L, Fleming-Dutra KE, Knoll MD, Park DE, Kirk J, Goldblatt D, O'Brien KL, Whitney CG.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 2:S161-71.
- The differential impact of coadministered vaccines, geographic region, vaccine product and other covariates on pneumococcal conjugate vaccine immunogenicity
Park DE, Johnson TS, Nonyane BA, Chandir S, Conklin L, Fleming-Dutra KE, Loo JD, Goldblatt D, Whitney CG, O'Brien KL, Deloria Knoll M.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 2:S130-9.
- Would young women attending sexually transmitted disease clinics benefit from human papillomavirus vaccination? An assessment of human papillomavirus DNA and seropositivity from human papillomavirus sentinel surveillance, 2003-2005
Dunne EF, Flagg EW, Unger ER, Hsu K, Ghanen K, Kerndt P, Shlay JC, Koutsky LA, Datta DS, Panicker G, Zaidi A, Weinstock H, Markowitz LE.
Sex Transm Dis. 2014 Jan;41(1):46-9.
- Effect of reduced dose schedules and intramuscular injection of anthrax vaccine adsorbed on immunological response and safety profile: a randomized trial
Wright JG, Plikaytis BD, Rose CE, Parker SD, Babcock J, Keitel W, El Sahly H, Poland GA, Jacobson RM, Keyserling HL, Semenova VA, Li H, Schiffer J, Dababneh H, Martin SK, Martin SW, Marano N, Messonnier NE, Quinn CP.
Vaccine. 2013 Dec 24.
- Trends in prevalence, knowledge, attitudes, and practices of helmet use in Cambodia: results from a two year study
Bachani AM, Branching C, Ear C, Roehler DR, Parker EM, Tum S, Ballesteros MF, Hyder AA.
Injury. 2013 Dec;44 Suppl 4:S31-7.
- Traumatic brain injury among older adults at level I and II trauma centers
Dams-O'Connor K, Cuthbert JP, Whyte J, Corrigan JD, Faul M, Harrison-Felix C.
J Neurotrauma. 2013 Dec 15;30(24):2001-13.
- Impact of body mass index on the detection of radiographic localized pleural thickening
Larson TC, Franzblau A, Lewin M, Goodman AB, Antao VC.
Acad Radiol. 2014 Jan;21(1):3-10.
- Evaluation of pigtail macaques as a model for the effects of copper intrauterine devices on HIV infection
Engel RM, Morris M, Henning T, Ritter JM, Jones TL, Dietz S, Ayers J, Vishwanathan SA, Jenkins L, Zaki S, Wildemeersch D, Garber D, Powell N, Michael Hendry R, McNicholl J, Kersh EN.
J Med Primatol. 2013 Dec 27.
- Evaluation of sampling methods for Bacillus spore-contaminated HVAC filters
Calfee MW, Rose LJ, Tufts J, Morse S, Clayton M, Touati A, Griffin-Gatchalian N, Slone C, McSweeney N.
J Microbiol Methods. 2014 Jan;96:1-5.
- Evaluation of swabs and transport media for the recovery of Yersinia pestis
Gilbert SE, Rose LJ, Howard M, Bradley MD, Shah S, Silvestri E, Schaefer FW, Noble-Wang J.
J Microbiol Methods. 2014 Jan;96:35-41.
- A murine monoclonal antibody with broad specificity for occupationally relevant diisocyanates
Lemons AR, Siegel PD, Mhike M, Law BF, Hettick JM, Bledsoe TA, Nayak AP, Beezhold DH, Green BJ.
J Occup Environ Hyg. 2014 Feb;11(2):101-10.
- Comparison of a commercial dengue IgM capture ELISA with dengue antigen focus reduction microneutralization test and the Centers for Disease Control Dengue IgM Capture-ELISA
Welch RJ, Chang GJ, Litwin CM.
J Virol Methods. 2014 Jan;195:247-9.
- Allele-specific qRT-PCR demonstrates superior detection of single nucleotide polymorphisms as genetic markers for West Nile virus compared to Luminex((R)) and quantitative sequencing
Worwa G, Andrade CC, Thiemann TC, Park B, Maharaj PD, Anishchenko M, Brault AC, Reisen WK.
J Virol Methods. 2014 Jan;195:76-85.
- Challenges with new rapid influenza diagnostic tests
Olsen SJ, Kittikraisak W, Fernandez S, Suntarattiwong P, Chotpitayasunondh T.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33(1):117-8.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis specific CD8(+) T cells rapidly decline with antituberculosis treatment
Nyendak MR, Park B, Null MD, Baseke J, Swarbrick G, Mayanja-Kizza H, Nsereko M, Johnson DF, Gitta P, Okwera A, Goldberg S, Bozeman L, Johnson JL, Boom WH, Lewinsohn DA, Lewinsohn DM.
PLoS One. 2013 ;8(12):e81564.
- Financial and nonfinancial burden among families of CSHCN: changes between 2001 and 2009-2010
Ghandour RM, Hirai AH, Blumberg SJ, Strickland BB, Kogan MD.
Acad Pediatr. 2014 Jan-Feb;14(1):92-100.
- Excess screen time in US children: association with family rules and alternative activities
Gingold JA, Simon AE, Schoendorf KC.
Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2014 Jan;53(1):41-50.
- Prevalence of cerebral palsy, co-occurring autism spectrum disorders, and motor functioning - Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, USA, 2008
Christensen D, Van Naarden Braun K, Doernberg NS, Maenner MJ, Arneson CL, Durkin MS, Benedict RE, Kirby RS, Wingate MS, Fitzgerald R, Yeargin-Allsopp M.
Dev Med Child Neurol. 2014 Jan;56(1):59-65.
- Trends in the parent-report of health care provider-diagnosed and medicated attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: United States, 2003-2011
Visser SN, Danielson ML, Bitsko RH, Holbrook JR, Kogan MD, Ghandour RM, Perou R, Blumberg SJ.
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2014 Jan;53(1):34-46 e2.
- Maternal mortality and morbidity in the United States: where are we now?
Creanga AA, Berg CJ, Ko JY, Farr SL, Tong VT, Bruce FC, Callaghan WM.
J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2014 Jan;23(1):3-9.
- Sodium-reduction strategies for meals prepared for older adults
Losby JL, Patel D, Schuldt J, Hunt GS, Stracuzzi JC, Johnston Y.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1 Suppl 1):S23-30.
- Sodium reduction: an important public health strategy for heart health
Mugavero KL, Gunn JP, Dunet DO, Bowman BA.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1 Suppl 1):S1-5.
- Reducing sodium across the board: a pilot program in Schenectady County independent restaurants
Schuldt J, Levings JL, Kahn-Marshall J, Hunt G, Mugavero K, Gunn JP.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1 Suppl 1):S31-7.
- Use of environmental change strategies to facilitate sodium reduction: a case study in a rural California school district
Taylor S, Tibbett T, Patel D, Bishop E.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1 Suppl 1):S38-42.
- Retrospective cohort study of a microelectronics and business machine facility
Silver SR, Pinkerton LE, Fleming DA, Jones JH, Allee S, Luo L, Bertke SJ.
Am J Ind Med. 2013 Dec 24.
- Characterization of exposures to workers covered under the U.S. Energy Employees Compensation Act
Health Phys. 2014 Feb;106(2):249-58.
- Case studies: evaluation of cut-resistant sleeves and possible fiberglass fiber shedding at a steel mill
Ceballos DM, Tapp LC, Wiegand DM.
J Occup Environ Hyg. 2014 Feb;11(2):D28-33.
- Impact of low filter resistances on subjective and physiological responses to filtering facepiece respirators
Roberge RJ, Kim JH, Powell JB, Shaffer RE, Ylitalo CM, Sebastian JM.
PLoS One. 2013 ;8(12):e84901.
- Application of a translational research model to assess the progress of occupational safety research in the international commercial fishing industry
Lucas DL, Kincl LD, Bovbjerg VE, Lincoln JM.
Saf Sci. 2014 ;64:71-81.
- Safety activities in small businesses
Sinclair R, Cunningham T.
Saf Sci. 2014 ;64:32-38.
- Respiratory disease mortality among US coal miners; results after 37 years of follow-up
Graber JM, Stayner LT, Cohen RA, Conroy LM, Attfield MD.
Occup Environ Med. 2014 Jan;71(1):30-9.
- Cutaneous emergence of Eustrongylides in two persons from South Sudan
Eberhard ML, Ruiz-Tiben E.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2013 Dec 30.
- Physical activity patterns among U.S. adults with and without serious psychological distress
Okoro CA, Stoodt G, Rohrer JE, Strine TW, Li C, Balluz LS.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(1):30-8.
- Integrating sodium reduction strategies in the procurement process and contracting of food venues in the County of Los Angeles government, 2010-2012
Cummings PL, Kuo T, Gase LN, Mugavero K.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1 Suppl 1):S16-22.
- Advances in public health accreditation readiness and quality improvement: evaluation findings from the National Public Health Improvement Initiative
McLees AW, Thomas CW, Nawaz S, Young AC, Rider N, Davis M.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):29-35.
- Program collaboration and service integration in the prevention and control of HIV infection, viral hepatitis, STDs, and tuberculosis in the U.S.: lessons learned from the field
Fenton KA, Aquino GA, Dean HD.
Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan;129(Suppl 1):1-4.
- System factors to explain 2009 pandemic H1N1 state vaccination rates for children and high-risk adults in US emergency response to pandemic
Davila-Payan C, Swann J, Wortley PM.
Vaccine. 2014 Jan 3;32(2):246-51.
- Criteria for fairly allocating scarce health-care resources to genetic tests: which matter most?
Rogowski WH, Grosse SD, Schmidtke J, Marckmann G.
Eur J Hum Genet. 2014 Jan;22(1):25-31.
- Optimizing the protection of research participants and personnel in HIV-related research where TB is prevalent: practical solutions for improving infection control
Farley JE, Landers TF, Godfrey C, Lipke V, Sugarman J.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014 Jan 1;65 Suppl 1:S19-23.
- Transforming public health practice through accreditation (a user guide for the special accreditation issue)
Beitsch LM, Corso LC, Davis MV, Joly BM, Kronstadt J, Riley WJ.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):2-3.
- Leveraging the revised National Public Health Performance Standards to meet today's ever-changing public health system landscape
Daub T, Doshi S, Elligers JJ, Pavletic D, Pyron T.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):135-7.
- Improving public health through state health improvement planning: a framework for action
Marshall D, Pyron T, Jimenez J, Coffman J, Pearsol J, Koester D.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):23-8.
- Guiding the way to public health improvement: exploring the connections between the Community Guide's evidence-based interventions and health department accreditation standards
Mercer SL, Banks SM, Verma P, Fisher JS, Corso LC, Carlson V.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):104-10.
- Institutionalizing public health department accreditation through CDC opportunities
Monroe J, Collins J, Ikeda R, Khabbaz R.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):141-4.
- CDC/NACCHO Accreditation Support Initiative: advancing readiness for local and tribal health department accreditation
Monteiro E, Fisher JS, Daub T, Zamperetti MC.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):14-9.
- A study of incentives to support and promote public health accreditation
Thielen L, Leff M, Corso L, Monteiro E, Fisher JS, Pearsol J.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):98-103.
- Advancing accreditation through the National Public Health Improvement Initiative
Thomas CW, Pietz H, Corso L, Erlwein B, Monroe J.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):36-8.
- Instrumental roles of governance in accreditation: responsibilities of public health governing entities
Wallace H, Tilson H, Carlson VP, Valasek T.
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):61-3.
- Dosing schedules for pneumococcal conjugate vaccine: considerations for policy makers
Whitney CG, Goldblatt D, O'Brien KL.
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 Jan;33 Suppl 2:S172-81.
- Physician nonadherence with a hepatitis C screening program
Southern WN, Drainoni ML, Smith BD, Koppelman E, McKee MD, Christiansen CL, Gifford AL, Weinbaum CM, Litwin AH.
Qual Manag Health Care. 2014 Jan-Mar;23(1):1-9.
- Use of first-line treatment for Neisseria gonorrhoeae after treatment guideline changes
Anschuetz G, Asbel L, Salmon ME, Johnson CC.
Sex Transm Dis. 2014 Jan;41(1):64-6.
- Social work and adverse childhood experiences research: implications for practice and health policy
Larkin H, Felitti VJ, Anda RF.
Soc Work Public Health. 2014 Jan 2;29(1):1-16.
- Retention of participants in medication-assisted programs in low- and middle-income countries: an international systematic review
Feelemyer J, Des Jarlais D, Arasteh K, Abdul-Quader AS, Hagan H.
Addiction. 2013 Jul 17.
- Exploring the relationship between cigarette prices and smoking among adults: a cross-country study of low- and middle-income nations
Kostova D, Tesche J, Perucic AM, Yurekli A, Asma S.
Nicotine Tob Res. 2014 Jan;16 Suppl 1:S10-5.
- Self-reported maternal cigarette smoke exposure during the periconceptional period and the risk for omphalocoele
Feldkamp ML, Srisukhumbowornchai S, Romitti PA, Olney RS, Richardson SD, Botto LD.
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2014 Jan;28(1):67-73.
- Trends in exposure to pro-tobacco advertisements over the Internet, in newspapers/magazines, and at retail stores among U.S. middle and high school students, 2000-2012
Agaku IT, King BA, Dube SR.
Prev Med. 2014 Jan;58:45-52.
- Characteristics of designated drivers and their passengers from the 2007 National Roadside Survey in the United States
Bergen G, Yao J, Shults RA, Romano E, Lacey JH.
Traffic Inj Prev. 2014 ;15(3):273-7.
- Oral vaccination and protection of red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) against rabies using ONRAB, an adenovirus-rabies recombinant vaccine
Brown LJ, Rosatte RC, Fehlner-Gardiner C, Bachmann P, Ellison JA, Jackson FR, Taylor JS, Davies C, Donovan D.
Vaccine. 2013 Dec 24.