- Correlates of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in the United States and Puerto Rico
Whitmore SK, Taylor AW, Espinoza L, Shouse RL, Lampe MA, Nesheim S.
Pediatrics. 2011 Dec 5.
- Voluntary medical male circumcision: translating research into the rapid expansion of services in Kenya, 2008-2011
Mwandi Z, Murphy A, Reed J, Chesang K, Njeuhmeli E, Agot K, Llewellyn E, Kirui C, Serrem K, Abuya I, Loolpapit M, Mbayaki R, Kiriro N, Cherutich P, Muraguri N, Motoku J, Kioko J, Knight N, Bock N.
PLoS Med. 2011 Nov;8(11):e1001130.
- DNA priming and influenza vaccine immunogenicity: two phase 1 open label randomised clinical trials
Ledgerwood JE, Wei CJ, Hu Z, Gordon IJ, Enama ME, Hendel CS, McTamney PM, Pearce MB, Yassine HM, Boyington JC, Bailer R, Tumpey TM, Koup RA, Mascola JR, Nabel GJ, Graham BS.
Lancet Infect Dis. 2011 Dec;11(12):916-924.
- First results of phase 3 trial of RTS,S/AS01 malaria vaccine in African children
RTS, S Clinical Trials Partnership.
N Engl J Med. 2011 Nov 17;365(20):1863-75.
- First NDM-positive Salmonella sp. strain identified in the United States
Savard P, Gopinath R, Zhu W, Kitchel B, Rasheed JK, Tekle T, Roberts A, Ross T, Razeq J, Landrum BM, Wilson LE, Limbago B, Perl TM, Carroll KC.
Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011 Dec;55(12):5957-8.
- Community case management of childhood diarrhea in a setting with declining use of oral rehydration therapy: findings from cross-sectional studies among primary household caregivers, Kenya, 2007
Olson CK, Blum LS, Patel KN, Oria PA, Feikin DR, Laserson KF, Wamae AW, Bartlett AV, Breiman RF, Ram PK.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011 Dec;85(6):1134-1140.
- Geographic variation in trends and characteristics of teen childbearing among American Indians and Alaska Natives, 1990-2007
Wingo PA, Lesesne CA, Smith RA, de Ravello L, Espey DK, Arambula Solomon TG, Tucker M, Thierry J.
Matern Child Health J. 2011 Dec 6.
The names of CDC authors are indicated in bold text.
- Insurance, home therapy, and prophylaxis in U.S. youth with severe hemophilia
Baker JR, Riske B, Voutsis M, Cutter S, Presley R.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S338-45.
- Public health implications of sickle cell trait: a report of the CDC meeting
Grant AM, Parker CS, Jordan LB, Hulihan MM, Creary MS, Lloyd-Puryear MA, Goldsmith JC, Atrash HK.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S435-9.
- A public health framework for rare blood disorders
Grosse SD, James AH, Lloyd-Puryear MA, Atrash HK.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S319-23.
- Sickle cell disease in Africa: a neglected cause of early childhood mortality
Grosse SD, Odame I, Atrash HK, Amendah DD, Piel FB, Williams TN.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S398-405.
- Iron overload what is the role of public health?
Hulihan MM, Sayers CA, Grosse SD, Garrison C, Grant AM.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S422-7.
- Physical functioning in boys with hemophilia in the U.S.
Monahan PE, Baker JR, Riske B, Soucie JM.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S360-8.
- Knowledge and therapeutic gaps: a public health problem in the rare coagulation disorders population
Shapiro AD, Soucie JM, Peyvandi F, Aschman DJ, Dimichele DM.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S324-31.
- Disability among individuals with sickle cell disease: literature review from a public health perspective
Swanson ME, Grosse SD, Kulkarni R.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S390-7.
- Sickle cell disease the need for a public health agenda
Yusuf HR, Lloyd-Puryear MA, Grant AM, Parker CS, Creary MS, Atrash HK.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S376-83.
- Glycaemia and correlates of patient-reported outcomes in ACCORD trial participants
Ali MK, Feeney P, Hire D, Simmons DL, O'Connor PJ, Ganz-Lord F, Goff D, Zhang P, Andersen R, V Narayan KM, Sullivan MD.
Diabet Med. 2011 Dec 5.
- Divergent trends for gastric cancer incidence by anatomical subsite in US adults
Camargo MC, Anderson WF, King JB, Correa P, Thomas CC, Rosenberg PS, Eheman CR, Rabkin CS.
Gut. 2011 Dec;60(12):1644-9.
- Racial differences in knee osteoarthritis pain: potential contribution of occupational and household tasks
Allen KD, Chen JC, Callahan LF, Golightly YM, Helmick CG, Renner JB, Schwartz TA, Jordan JM.
J Rheumatol. 2011 Dec 1.
- Smoothed percentage body fat percentiles for U.S. children and adolescents, 1999-2004
Ogden CL, Li Y, Freedman DS, Borrud LG, Flegal KM.
Natl Health Stat Report. 2011 Nov 9(43):1-8.
- A family cluster of infections by a newly recognized Bunyavirus in eastern China, 2007: further evidence of person-to-person transmission
Bao CJ, Guo XL, Qi X, Hu JL, Zhou MH, Varma JK, Cui LB, Yang HT, Jiao YJ, Klena JD, Li LX, Tao WY, Li X, Chen Y, Zhu Z, Xu K, Shen AH, Wu T, Peng HY, Li ZF, Shan J, Shi ZY, Wang H.
Clin Infect Dis. 2011 Dec;53(12):1208-14.
- Are dual-method messages undermining STI/HIV prevention?
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2011 ;2011:691210.
- Tuberculosis among children in Kenya: epidemiology and impact of HIV in two provinces
Cavanaugh J, Genga K, Marigu I, Laserson K, Ackers M, Cain K.
J Trop Pediatr. 2011 Dec 5.
- Estimating the burden of tuberculosis among foreign-born persons acquired prior to entering the U.S., 2005-2009
Ricks PM, Cain KP, Oeltmann JE, Kammerer JS, Moonan PK.
PLoS One. 2011 ;6(11):e27405.
- Serological response to Bartonella species in febrile patients from Nepal
Myint KS, Gibbons RV, Iverson J, Shrestha SK, Pavlin JA, Mongkolsirichaikul D, Kosoy MY.
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2011 Dec;105(12):740-2.
- Differential microRNA expression and virulence of avian, 1918 reassortant, and reconstructed 1918 influenza A viruses
Li Y, Li J, Belisle S, Baskin CR, Tumpey TM, Katze MG.
Virology. 2011 Dec 20;421(2):105-13.
- A review of Nipah and Hendra viruses with an historical aside
Ksiazek TG, Rota PA, Rollin PE.
Virus Res. 2011 Dec;162(1-2):173-83.
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome
Macneil A, Nichol ST, Spiropoulou CF.
Virus Res. 2011 Dec;162(1-2):138-47.
- CDC's 2009 H1N1 Vaccine Pharmacy Initiative in the United States: implications for future public health and pharmacy collaborations for emergency response
Koonin LM, Beauvais DR, Shimabukuro T, Wortley PM, Palmier JB, Stanley TR, Theofilos J, Merlin TL.
Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2011 Dec;5(4):253-255.
- Spatial stability of adult Aedes aegypti populations
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011 Dec;85(6):1087-92.
- Elimination of Borrelia burgdorferi and Anaplasma phagocytophilum in rodent reservoirs and Ixodes scapularis ticks using a doxycycline hyclate-laden bait
Dolan MC, Schulze TL, Jordan RA, Dietrich G, Schulze CJ, Hojgaard A, Ullmann AJ, Sackal C, Zeidner NS, Piesman J.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011 Dec;85(6):1114-20.
- Envelope and pre-membrane protein structural amino acid mutations mediate diminished avian growth and virulence of a Mexican West Nile virus isolate
Langevin SA, Bowen RA, Ramey WN, Sanders TA, Maharaj PD, Fang Y, Cornelius J, Barker CM, Reisen WK, Beasley DW, Barrett AD, Kinney RM, Huang CY, Brault AC.
J Gen Virol. 2011 Dec;92(Pt 12):2810-20.
- Libby vermiculite exposure and risk of developing asbestos-related lung and pleural diseases
Antao VC, Larson TC, Horton DK.
Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2011 Dec 2.
- Developing public health surveillance for deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
Beckman MG, Grosse SD, Kenney KM, Grant AM, Atrash HK.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6 Suppl 4):S428-34.
- Race and rickettsiae: a United States perspective
Dahlgren FS, Moonesinghe R, McQuiston JH.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011 Dec;85(6):1124-5.
- Low usage of government healthcare facilities for acute respiratory infections in Guatemala: implications for influenza surveillance
Lindblade KA, Johnson AJ, Arvelo W, Zhang X, Jordan HT, Reyes L, Fry AM, Padilla N.
BMC Public Health. 2011 Nov 24;11(1):885.
- Detection of pelvic inflammatory disease: development of an automated case-finding algorithm using administrative data
Satterwhite CL, Yu O, Raebel MA, Berman S, Howards PP, Weinstock H, Kleinbaum D, Scholes D.
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol. 2011 ;2011:428351.
- Variants in ABCB1, TGFB1, and XRCC1 genes and susceptibility to viral hepatitis A infection in Mexican Americans
Zhang L, Yesupriya A, Hu DJ, Chang MH, Dowling NF, Ned RM, Udhayakumar V, Lindegren ML, Khudyakov Y.
Hepatology. 2011 Dec 2.
Parker VG, Coles CJ, Black VW.
Fam Community Health. 2012 Jan;35(1):2-4.
- Influence of race, insurance, socioeconomic status, and hospital type on receipt of guideline-concordant adjuvant systemic therapy for locoregional breast cancers
Wu XC, Lund MJ, Kimmick GG, Richardson LC, Sabatino SA, Chen VW, Fleming ST, Morris CR, Huang B, Trentham-Dietz A, Lipscomb J.
J Clin Oncol. 2011 Dec 5.
- Timing of adolescent meningococcal conjugate vaccination: attitudes and practices of pediatricians and family medicine physicians
Allison MA, Cohn AC, Stokley S, Crane LA, O'Leary ST, Hurley LP, Babbel CI, Dong F, Gahm C, Temte JL, Kempe A.
Am J Prev Med. 2011 Dec;41(6):581-7.
- Effects of a nationwide Hib vaccine shortage on vaccination coverage in the United States
Santibanez TA, Shefer A, Briere EC, Cohn A, Groom AV.
Vaccine. 2011 Nov 29.
- New approach for near-real-time measurement of elemental composition of aerosol using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy
Diwakar P, Kulkarni P, Birch ME.
Aerosol Sci Technol. 2012 ;46(3):316-332.
- Molecular insights for Giardia, Cryptosporidium, and soil-transmitted helminths from a facility-based surveillance system in Guatemala
Velasquez DE, Arvelo W, Cama VA, Lopez B, Reyes L, Roellig DM, Kahn GD, Lindblade KA.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011 Dec;85(6):1141-1143.
- Evaluation of surface-enhanced laser desorption time-of-flight mass spectroscopy in the development of biomarkers of occupational acrylamide exposure
Mathias PI, Cheever KL.
Am Lab. 2011 Nov-Dec;43(11):34+.
- A historical and proteomic analysis of botulinum neurotoxin type/G
Terilli RR, Moura H, Woolfitt AR, Rees J, Schieltz DM, Barr JR.
BMC Microbiol. 2011 ;11:232.
- Imatinib-sensitive tyrosine kinases regulate mycobacterial pathogenesis and represent therapeutic targets against tuberculosis
Napier RJ, Rafi W, Cheruvu M, Powell KR, Zaunbrecher MA, Bornmann W, Salgame P, Shinnick TM, Kalman D.
Cell Host Microbe. 2011 Nov 17;10(5):475-85.
- Comparison of four commercial IgM and IgG ELISA kits for diagnosing brucellosis
Fadeel MA, Hoffmaster AR, Shi J, Pimentel G, Stoddard RA.
J Med Microbiol. 2011 Dec;60(Pt 12):1767-73.
- Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 3 (HTLV-3)- and HTLV-4-derived antisense transcripts encode proteins with similar tax-inhibiting functions but distinct subcellular localization
Larocque E, Halin M, Landry S, Marriott SJ, Switzer WM, Barbeau B.
J Virol. 2011 Dec;85(23):12673-85.
- Evidence for an increased risk of transmission of simian immunodeficiency virus and malaria in a rhesus macaque coinfection model
Trott KA, Chau JY, Hudgens MG, Fine J, Mfalila CK, Tarara RP, Collins WE, Sullivan J, Luckhart S, Abel K.
J Virol. 2011 Nov;85(22):11655-63.
- Development of a high-throughput microsphere-based molecular assay to identify 15 common bloodmeal hosts of Culex mosquitoes
Thiemann TC, Brault AC, Ernest HB, Reisen WK.
Mol Ecol Resour. 2011 Dec 4.
- Advancing a midwifery perspective in health systems and human resources
Afr J Midwifery Womens Health. 2011 ;5(4):162-162.
- Prepregnancy body mass index and gestational weight gain in relation to child body mass index among siblings
Branum AM, Parker JD, Keim SA, Schempf AH.
Am J Epidemiol. 2011 Nov 15;174(10):1159-65.
- Trends in cytogenetic testing and identification of chromosomal abnormalities among pregnancies and children with birth defects, metropolitan Atlanta, 1968-2005
Jackson JM, Crider KS, Rasmussen SA, Cragan JD, Olney RS.
Am J Med Genet A. 2011 Dec 2.
- Examining the use of oral rehydration salts and other oral rehydration therapy for childhood diarrhea in Kenya
Blum LS, Oria PA, Olson CK, Breiman RF, Ram PK.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011 Dec;85(6):1126-33.
- Preschool vision testing by health providers in the United States: findings from the 2006-2007 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey
Kemper AR, Wallace DK, Patel N, Crews JE.
J AAPOS. 2011 Oct;15(5):480-3.
- Footwear and locomotor skill performance in preschoolers
Robinson LE, Rudisill ME, Weimar WH, Breslin CM, Shroyer JF, Morera M.
Percept Mot Skills. 2011 Oct;113(2):534-538.
- Evaluation of employee exposures at a PCB plant
Durgam S, Achutan C, Aristeguieta C, Niemeier M.
Print Circuit Design Fab/Circuits Assem. 2011 ;28(Nov.):29-32.
- Geostatistical modeling of the gas emission zone and its in-place gas content for Pittsburgh-seam mines using sequential Gaussian simulation
Karacan CO, Olea RA, Goodman G.
Int J Coal Geol. 2011 .
- Prevalence of malaria among patients attending public health facilities in Maputo City, Mozambique
Macedo de Oliveira A, Mutemba R, Morgan J, Streat E, Roberts J, Menon M, Mabunda S.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011 Dec;85(6):1002-7.
- Using law to strengthen health professions: frameworks and practice
Verani A, Shayo P, Howse G.
Afr J Midwifery Womens Health. 2011 ;5(4):181-184.
- Strengthening nursing and midwifery regulations and standards in Africa
Gross J, McCarthy C, Kelley M.
Afr J Midwifery Womens Health. 2011 ;5(4):185-188.
- Contraceptive sterilization among married adults: national data on who chooses vasectomy and tubal sterilization
Anderson JE, Jamieson DJ, Warner L, Kissin DM, Nangia AK, Macaluso M.
Contraception. 2011 Nov 29.
- Finding shelter: two-year housing trajectories among homeless youth
Tevendale HD, Comulada WS, Lightfoot MA.
J Adolesc Health. 2011 Dec;49(6):615-20.
- State-level socioeconomic factors are associated with current depression among U.S. adults in 2006 and 2008
Fan AZ, Strasser S, Zhang XY, Dhingra S, McKnight-Eily L, Holt J, Balluz L.
J Public Health Epidemiol. 2011 ;3(10):462-470.
- Utility and delivery of behavioural interventions to prevent sexually transmitted infections
Sex Transm Infect. 2011 ;87(Suppl. 2):ii31-ii33.
- Menthol cigarette use: the challenge to improve measurement and monitoring among adolescent smokers
Rock VJ, Davis SP, Thorne SL, Caraballo RS.
Nicotine Tob Res. 2011 Dec 1.
- Impact and ethics of excluding sweetened beverages from the SNAP program
Am J Public Health. 2011 Nov;101(11):2037-43.
- Health disparities and health equity: the issue is justice
Braveman PA, Kumanyika S, Fielding J, Laveist T, Borrell LN, Manderscheid R, Troutman A.
Am J Public Health. 2011 Dec;101 Suppl 1:S149-55.
- The future of public health ethics
Am J Public Health. 2011 Nov 17.
- Understanding community-based processes for research ethics review: a national study
Shore N, Brazauskas R, Drew E, Wong KA, Moy L, Baden AC, Cyr K, et al.
Am J Public Health. 2011 Dec;101 Suppl 1:S359-64.
- Wake me up when there's a crisis: progress on state pandemic influenza ethics preparedness
Thomas JC, Young S.
Am J Public Health. 2011 Nov;101(11):2080-2.
- Ethics in practice: the state of the debate on promoting the social value of global health research in resource poor settings particularly Africa
Lairumbi GM, Michael P, Fitzpatrick R, English MC.
BMC Med Ethics. 2011 ;12:22.
- Genetic screening and democracy: lessons from debating genetic screening criteria in the Netherlands
van El CG, Pieters T, Cornel M.
J Community Genet. 2011 Aug 30.
- Vaccination refusal: ethics, individual rights, and the common good
Schwartz JL, Caplan AL.
Prim Care. 2011 Dec;38(4):717-28.
- Gender, race + geography = jeopardy: marginalized women, human rights and HIV in the United States
Fried ST, Kelly B.
Womens Health Issues. 2011 Nov;21(6 Suppl):S243-9.
- Recommendations for use of an isoniazid-rifapentine regimen with direct observation to treat latent Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011 Dec 9;60(48):1650-1653.
- State-specific prevalence of no leisure-time physical activity among adults with and without doctor-diagnosed arthritis - United States, 2009
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011 Dec 9;60(48):1641-1645.
- Update: influenza activity - United States, October 2-November 26, 2011
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011 Dec 9;60(48):1646-1649.
- Vitamin D intake, vitamin D receptor polymorphisms, and breast cancer risk among women living in the southwestern U.S
Rollison DE, Cole AL, Tung KH, Slattery ML, Baumgartner KB, Byers T, Wolff RK, Giuliano AR.
Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011 Dec 1.
- Effect of antihypertensive therapy on incident stroke in cohorts with prehypertensive blood pressure levels: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
Sipahi I, Swaminathan A, Natesan V, Debanne S, Simon D, Fang J.
Stroke. 2012 Feb 2012.
- Prenatal stress, gestational age and secondary sex ratio: the sex-specific effects of exposure to a natural disaster in early pregnancy
Torche F, Kleinhaus K.
Hum Reprod. 2011 Dec 2011.
- Fish, n-3 fatty acids, and cardiovascular diseases in women of reproductive age: a prospective study in a large national cohort
Strom M, Halldorsson TI, Mortensen EL, Torp-Pedersen C, Olsen SF.
Hypertension. 2011 Dec 5.
- Vitamin D deficiency in obese children and its relationship to glucose homeostasis
Olson ML, Maalouf NM, Oden JD, White PC, Hutchison MR.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Nov 9.