|Vol. 3, Issue: 48, 11/28/11 |
|Welcome to Science Clips, CDC's weekly digest! |
|This week, Science Clips is pleased to collaborate with CDC Vital Signs by featuring scientific articles from the current Vital Signs issue on HIV - Continuum of Care (www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns). Although not all articles are peer-reviewed they are taken from authoritative sources and represent sound scientific information. Those articles marked with an asterisk are general review articles which may be of particular interest to clinicians and public health professionals seeking background information in this area.|
|Science Clips will return to its regular format next week. Science Clips is a service of the Stephen B. Thacker CDC Library and CDC's Office of the Chief Science Officer.|
The Science Clips is in the public domain and may be freely forwarded and reproduced without permission. The original sources and the CDC Science Clips should be cited as sources. Articles featured in Science Clips may be in-press or uncorrected proofs.
For assistance in obtaining copies of these articles, contact the library at email@example.com or 404-639-1717. Please note that links below to CDC licensed materials are available only through the Intranet and may go through the SFX server. From the SFX window, just click on the full-text link to reach the full-text.
- *The spectrum of engagement in HIV care and its relevance to test-and-treat strategies for prevention of HIV infection
Gardner EM, McLees MP, Steiner JF, Del Rio C, Burman WJ.
Clin Infect Dis. 2011 Mar 15;52(6):793-800.
- *Estimated HIV incidence in the United States, 2006-2009
Prejean J, Song R, Hernandez A, Ziebell R, Green T, Walker F, Lin LS, et al.
PLoS One. 2011 ;6(8):e17502.
- *Improving the representativeness of behavioral and clinical surveillance for persons with HIV in the United States: the rationale for developing a population-based approach
McNaghten AD, Wolfe MI, Onorato I, Nakashima AK, Valdiserri RO, Mokotoff E, Romaguera RA, et al.
PLoS One. 2007 ;2(6):e550.
- Entry and retention in medical care among HIV-diagnosed persons: a meta-analysis
Marks G, Gardner LI, Craw J, Crepaz N.
AIDS. 2010 Nov 13;24(17):2665-78.
- Continuity of HIV-related medical care, New York City, 2005-2009: do patients who initiate care stay in care?
Torian LV, Wiewel EW.
AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2011 Feb;25(2):79-88.
- The impact of retention in early HIV medical care on viro-immunological parameters and survival: a statewide study
Tripathi A, Youmans E, Gibson JJ, Duffus WA.
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2011 Jul;27(7):751-8.
- The cost-effectiveness and population outcomes of expanded HIV screening and antiretroviral treatment in the United States
Long EF, Brandeau ML, Owens DK.
Ann Intern Med. 2010 Dec 21;153(12):778-89.
- HIV surveillance--United States, 1981-2008
Torian LV, Chen M, Rhodes P, Hall HI.
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011 Jun 3;60(21):689-93.
- Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings
Branson BM, Handsfield HH, Lampe MA, Janssen RS, Taylor AW, Lyss SB, Clark JE.
MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006 Sep 22;55(RR-14):1-17; quiz CE1-4.
- Clinical and behavioral characteristics of adults receiving medical care for HIV infection --- medical monitoring project, United States, 2007
Blair JM, McNaghten AD, Frazier EL, Skarbinski J, Huang P, Heffelfinger JD.
MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011 Sep 2;60(11):1-20.
- Prevention of HIV-1 infection with early antiretroviral therapy
Cohen MS, Chen YQ, McCauley M, Gamble T, Hosseinipour MC, Kumarasamy N, Hakim JG, et al.
N Engl J Med. 2011 Aug 11;365(6):493-505.
Back to Top
DISCLAIMER: Articles listed in the CDC Science Clips are selected by the Stephen B. Thacker CDC Library to provide current awareness of the public health literature. An article's inclusion does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the Clips, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.