The names of CDC authors are indicated in bold text.
- Bayesian small area estimates of diabetes prevalence by U.S. county, 2005
Cadwell B, Thompson T, Boyle J, Barker L.
J Data Sci. 2010 ;8:173-188.
- Factors associated with control of hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and diabetes among low-income women in West Virginia
Ahluwalia IB, Tessaro I, Greenlund KJ, Ford ES.
J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2010 Feb 15.
- Factors associated with delayed entry into primary HIV medical care after HIV diagnosis
Bamford LP, Ehrenkranz PD, Eberhart MG, Shpaner M, Brady KA.
AIDS. 2010 Feb 11.
- Low-frequency K103N strengthens the impact of transmitted drug resistance on virologic responses to first-line efavirenz or nevirapine-based highly active antiretroviral therapy
Geretti AM, Fox ZV, Booth CL, Smith CJ, Phillips AN, Johnson M, Li JF, Heneine W, Johnson JA.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2009 Dec;52(5):569-73.
- Number of named partners and number of partners newly diagnosed with HIV infection identified by persons with acute versus established HIV infection
Moore ZS, McCoy S, Kuruc J, Hilton M, Leone P.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2009 Dec 1;52(4):509-13.
- Current challenges in the risk assessment of neuraminidase inhibitor-resistant influenza viruses
Gubareva LV, Fry AM.
J Infect Dis. 2010 Mar 1;201(5):656-8.
- Prevalence of chronic hepatitis B virus infection among patients in the HIV Outpatient Study, 1996-2007
Spradling PR, Richardson JT, Buchacz K, Moorman AC, Brooks JT.
J Viral Hepat. 2010 Feb 11.
- Prevention with HIV-positive men who have sex with men: regaining lost ground
Sex Transm Infect. 2010 Feb;86(1):2-4.
- Access to HIV testing for sex workers in Bangkok, Thailand: a high prevalence of HIV among street-based sex workers
Nhurod P, Bollen LJ, Smutraprapoot P, Suksripanich O, Siangphoe U, Lolekha R, Manomaipiboon P, Nandavisai C, Anekvorapong R, Supawitkul S, Subhachaturas W, Akarasewi P, Fox KK.
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2010 Jan;41(1):153-162.
- A conditional expectation approach for associating ambient air pollutant exposures with health outcomes
Wannemuehler KA, Lyles RH, Waller LA, Hoekstra RM, Klein M, Tolbert P.
Environmetrics. 2009 Mar 25;20(7):877-894.
- Effect of production variables on microbiological removal in locally-produced ceramic filters for household water treatment
Lantagne D, Klarman M, Mayer A, Preston K, Napotnik J, Jellison K.
Int J Environ Health Res. 2010 Feb 15:1-17.
- Single- and multi-wall carbon nanotubes versus asbestos: are the carbon nanotubes a new health risk to humans?
Pacurari M, Castranova V, Vallyathan V.
J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2010 Jan;73(5):378-95.
- Direct fibrogenic effects of dispersed single-walled carbon nanotubes on human lung fibroblasts
Wang L, Mercer RR, Rojanasakul Y, Qiu A, Lu Y, Scabilloni JF, Wu N, Castranova V.
J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2010 Jan;73(5):410-22.
- Comparative pharmacokinetics of chlorpyrifos versus its major metabolites following oral administration in the rat
Busby-Hjerpe AL, Campbell JA, Smith JN, Lee S, Poet TS, Barr DB, Timchalk C.
Toxicology. 2010 Jan 31;268(1-2):55-63.
- Medical history, body size, and cigarette smoking in relation to fatal prostate cancer
Weinmann S, Shapiro JA, Rybicki BA, Enger SM, Van Den Eeden SK, Richert-Boe KE, Weiss NS.
Cancer Causes Control. 2010 Jan;21(1):117-25.
- An early report from newly established laboratory-based influenza surveillance in Lao PDR
Vongphrachanh P, Simmerman JM, Phonekeo D, Pansayavong V, Sisouk T, Ongkhamme S, Bryce GT, Corwin A, Bryant JE.
Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2010 Mar;4(2):47-52.
- The global burden of nontyphoidal salmonella gastroenteritis
Majowicz SE, Musto J, Scallan E, Angulo FJ, Kirk M, O'Brien SJ, Jones TF, Fazil A, Hoekstra RM.
Clin Infect Dis. 2010 Feb 16.
- Assessment of improved prediction beyond traditional risk factors: when does a difference make a difference?
Janssens AC, Khoury MJ.
Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2010 Feb 1;3(1):3-5.
- Personal genomics: information can be harmful
Ransohoff DF, Khoury MJ.
Eur J Clin Invest. 2010 Jan;40(1):64-8.
- Worksite-based incentives and competitions to reduce tobacco use: a systematic review
Leeks KD, Hopkins DP, Soler RE, Aten A, Chattopadhyay SK.
Am J Prev Med. 2010 Feb;38(2 Suppl):S263-74.
- Recommendations for worksite-based interventions to improve workers' health
Task Force on Community Preventive Services.
Am J Prev Med. 2010 Feb;38(2 Suppl):S232-6.
- A systematic review of selected interventions for worksite health promotion: The assessment of health risks with feedback
Soler RE, Leeks KD, Razi S, Hopkins DP, Griffith M, Aten A, Chattopadhyay SK, Smith SC, Habarta N, Goetzel RZ, Pronk NP, Richling DE, Bauer DR, Buchanan LR, Florence CS, Koonin L, MacLean D, Rosenthal A, Matson Koffman D, Grizzell JV, Walker AM, Task Force on Community Preventive Services.
Am J Prev Med. 2010 Feb;38(2 Suppl):S237-62.
- Guideline for prevention of catheter-associated urinary tract infections 2009
Gould CV, Umscheid CA, Agarwal RK, Kuntz G, Pegues DA.
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010 Feb 15.
- Recommended adult immunization schedule: United States, 2010
Baker CJ, Pickering LK, Chilton ., Cieslak P, Ehresmann KR, Englund J, Friedman C, Judson FN, Keitel WA, Lett SM, Plain J, Marcy MS, Meissner CH, Neuzil K, Sawyer MH, Sumaya CV, Temte J, Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
Ann Intern Med. 2010 Jan 5;152(1):36-9.
- Improved anamnestic response among adolescents boosted with a higher dose of the hepatitis B vaccine
Chaves SS, Groeger J, Helgenberger L, Auerbach SB, Bialek S, Hu DJ, Drobeniuc J.
Vaccine. 2010 Feb 11.
- Optimization of the design of a semivolatile aerosol dichotomous sampler
Kim SW, Raynor PC.
Aerosol Sci Technol. 2010 ;44(2):129-140.
- CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 gene expression and DNA adduct formation in normal human mammary epithelial cells exposed to benzo[a]pyrene in the absence or presence of chlorophyllin
John K, Divi RL, Keshava C, Orozco CC, Schockley ME, Richardson DL, Poirier MC, Nath J, Weston A.
Cancer Lett. 2010 Feb 15.
- Resistance to simian HIV infection is associated with high plasma interleukin-8, RANTES and Eotaxin in a macaque model of repeated virus challenges
Promadej-Lanier N, Hanson DL, Srinivasan P, Luo W, Adams DR, Guenthner PC, Butera S, Otten RA, Kersh EN.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010 Feb 15.
- Experimental evaluation of oil mists using a semivolatile aerosol dichotomous sampler
Kim SW, Raynor PC.
J Occup Environ Hyg. 2010 Apr;7(4):203-15.
- Pregnancy-associated listeriosis
Jackson KA, Iwamoto M, Swerdlow D.
Epidemiol Infect. 2010 Feb 17:1-7.
- The potential impact of new National Osteoporosis Foundation guidance on treatment patterns
Dawson-Hughes B, Looker AC, Tosteson AN, Johansson H, Kanis JA, Melton LJ.
Osteoporos Int. 2010 Jan;21(1):41-52.
- Using surveillance data to promote occupational health and safety policies and practice at the state level: a case study
Calvert GM, Higgins SA.
Am J Ind Med. 2010 Feb;53(2):188-93.
- Effects of fire fighter protective ensembles on mobility and performance
Coca A, Williams WJ, Roberge RJ, Powell JB.
Appl Ergon. 2010 Feb 11.
- Aerosols emitted in underground mine air by diesel engine fueled with biodiesel
Bugarski AD, Cauda EG, Janisko SJ, Hummer JA, Patts LD.
J Air Waste Manage Assoc. 2010 Feb;60(2):237-244.
- Associations of occupational tasks with knee and hip osteoarthritis: the Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project
Allen KD, Chen JC, Callahan LF, Golightly YM, Helmick CG, Renner JB, Jordan JM.
J Rheumatol. 2010 Feb 15.
- Recommendation for use of point-of-decision prompts to increase stair use in communities
Task Force on Community Preventive Services.
Am J Prev Med. 2010 Feb;38(2 Suppl):S290-1.
- Point-of-decision prompts to increase stair use: a systematic review update
Soler RE, Leeks KD, Buchanan LR, Brownson RC, Heath GW, Hopkins DH, Task Force on Community Preventive Services.
Am J Prev Med. 2010 Feb;38(2 Suppl):S292-300.
- Evaluation of program performance and expenditures in a report of performance measures (RPM) via a case study of two Florida county tuberculosis programs
Phillips VL, Teweldemedhin B, Ahmedov S, Cobb J, McNabb SJ.
Eval Program Plann. 2010 Jan 15.
- Reflections on the debate on disability and aid in dying
Disabil Health J. 2010 January;3(1):51-55.
- Smokefree policies to reduce tobacco use: a systematic review
Hopkins DP, Razi S, Leeks KD, Priya Kalra G, Chattopadhyay SK, Soler RE.
Am J Prev Med. 2010 Feb;38(2 Suppl):S275-89.
- Increasing alcoholic beverage taxes is recommended to reduce excessive alcohol consumption and related harms
Task Force on Community Preventive Services.
Am J Prev Med. 2010 Feb;38(2):230-2.
- Committee report: Method for evaluating conditions nominated for population-based screening of newborns and children
Calonge N, Green NS, Rinaldo P, Lloyd-Puryear M, Dougherty D, Boyle C, Watson M, Trotter T, Terry SF, Howell RR.
Genet Med. 2010 Feb 11.
- Leading and managing for improved health
J Public Health Manag Pract. 2010 March/April;16(2):91-92.
- Aggressive behavior and quality of friendships: linear and curvilinear associations
Fanti KA, Brookmeyer KA, Henrich CC, Kuperminc GP.
J Early Adolesc. 2009 Dec;29(6):826-838.
- The association of pipe and cigar use with cotinine levels, lung function, and airflow obstruction: a cross-sectional study
Rodriguez J, Jiang R, Johnson WC, Mackenzie BA, Smith LJ, Barr RG.
Ann Intern Med. 2010 Feb 16;152(4):201-10.
- Incongruent effects of two isolates of Rickettsia conorii on the survival of Rhipicephalus sanguineus ticks
Levin ML, Killmaster L, Zemtsova G, Grant D, Mumcuoglu KY, Eremeeva ME, Dasch GA.
Exp Appl Acarol. 2009 Dec;49(4):347-59.
- Of cattle, sand flies and men: a systematic review of risk factor analyses for South Asian visceral leishmaniasis and implications for elimination
Bern C, Courtenay O, Alvar J.
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010 ;4(2):e599.
- Recent findings regarding maintenance of enzootic variants of Yersinia pestis in sylvatic reservoirs and their significance in the evolution of epidemic plague
Bearden SW, Brubaker RR.
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2010 January/February;10(1):85-92.
- Diagnosis of bovine-associated parapoxvirus infections in humans: molecular and epidemiological evidence
Macneil A, Lederman E, Reynolds MG, Ragade NJ, Talken R, Friedman D, Hall W, Shwe T, Li Y, Zhao H, Smith S, Davidson W, Hughes C, Damon IK.
Zoonoses Public Health. 2010 Feb 16.
- Highly conserved sequences for human neutralization epitope on hemagglutinin of influenza A viruses H3N2, H1N1 and H5N1: implication for human monoclonal antibody recognition
Yamashita A, Kawashita N, Kubota-Koketsu R, Inoue Y, Watanabe Y, Ibrahim MS, Ideno S, et al.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010 Feb 9.
- Enteric absorption and pharmacokinetics of oseltamivir in critically ill patients with pandemic (H1N1) influenza
Ariano RE, Sitar DS, Zelenitsky SA, Zarychanski R, Pisipati A, Ahern S, Kanji S, et al.
CMAJ. 2010 Feb 16.
- Risk of severe outcomes among patients admitted to hospital with pandemic (H1N1) influenza
Campbell A, Rodin R, Kropp R, Mao Y, Hong Z, Vachon J, Spika J, et al.
CMAJ. 2010 Feb 16.
- General cardiovascular risk profile identifies advanced coronary artery calcium and is improved by family history: the multiethnic study of atherosclerosis
Scheuner MT, Setodji CM, Pankow JS, Blumenthal RS, Keeler E.
Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2010 Feb 1;3(1):97-105.
- Association between 9p21 genomic markers and heart disease: a meta-analysis
Palomaki GE, Melillo S, Bradley LA.
JAMA. 2010 Feb 17;303(7):648-56.
- Association between a literature-based genetic risk score and cardiovascular events in women
Paynter NP, Chasman DI, Pare G, Buring JE, Cook NR, Miletich JP, Ridker PM.
JAMA. 2010 Feb 17;303(7):631-7.
- Host genes associated with HIV/AIDS: advances in gene discovery
An P, Winkler CA.
Trends Genet. 2010 Feb 9.
- Immunogenicity and safety of human papillomavirus-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted cervical cancer vaccine coadministered with combined diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis-inactivated poliovirus vaccine to girls and young women
Garcia-Sicilia J, Schwarz TF, Carmona A, Peters K, Malkin JE, Tran PM, Behre U, et al.
J Adolesc Health. 2010 Feb;46(2):142-51.
- Safety and antibody response, including antibody persistence for 5 years, after primary vaccination or revaccination with pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in middle-aged and older adults
Musher DM, Manof SB, Liss C, McFetridge RD, Marchese RD, Bushnell B, Alvarez F, et al.
J Infect Dis. 2010 Feb 15;201(4):516-24.
- Public health response to influenza A(H1N1) as an opportunity to build public trust
Larson HJ, Heymann DL.
JAMA. 2010 Jan 20;303(3):271-2.
- Rotavirus vaccine--a powerful tool to combat deaths from diarrhea
N Engl J Med. 2010 Jan 28;362(4):358-60.
- Adult use of prescription opioid pain medications - Utah, 2008
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 Feb 19;59(06):153-7.
- Don't worry, be happy: positive affect and reduced 10-year incident coronary heart disease: The Canadian Nova Scotia health survey
Davidson KW, Mostofsky E, Whang W.
Eur Heart J. 2010 Feb 17.
- Dynamics of obesity and chronic health conditions among children and youth
Van Cleave J, Gortmaker SL, Perrin JM.
JAMA. 2010 Feb 17;303(7):623-30.
- Risk of recurrent stroke, myocardial infarction, or death in hospitalized stroke patients
Feng W, Hendry RM, Adams RJ.
Neurology. 2010 Feb 16;74(7):588-93.
- Latent TB infection treatment acceptance and completion in the United States and Canada
Horsburgh CR, Goldberg S, Bethel J, Chen S, Colson PW, Hirsch-Moverman Y, Hughes S, Shrestha-Kuwahara R, Sterling TR, Wall K, Weinfurter P.
Chest. 2010 Feb;137(2):401-9.
- Primary medication non-adherence: analysis of 195,930 electronic prescriptions
Fischer MA, Stedman MR, Lii J, Vogeli C, Shrank WH, Brookhart MA, Weissman JS.
J Gen Intern Med. 2010 Feb 4.