The names of CDC authors are indicated in bold text.
- Silver diamine fluoride (SDF) may be better than fluoride varnish and no treatment in arresting and preventing cavitated carious lesions
J Evid Based Dent Pract. 2010 Jun;10(2):122-4.
- The predicted effects of chronic obesity in middle age on medicare costs and mortality
Cai L, Lubitz J, Flegal KM, Pamuk ER.
Med Care. 2010 Jun;48(6):510-7.
- Trends in prevalence of obesity and overweight among children enrolled in the New York State WIC program, 2002-2007
Sekhobo JP, Edmunds LS, Reynolds DK, Dalenius K, Sharma A.
Public Health Rep. 2010 Mar-Apr;125(2):218-24.
- Moving toward chlamydia control in the United States
Hogben M, Habel MA.
J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2010 May 18.
- The public's response to the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic
Steelfisher GK, Blendon RJ, Bekheit MM, Lubell K.
N Engl J Med. 2010 May 19.
- Diaphragm for STI and HIV prevention: is it a safe method for women at high risk?
Njoroge B, Gallo MF, Sharma A, Bukusi EA, Nguti R, Bell AJ, Jamieson DJ, Williams D, Eschenbach DA.
Sex Transm Dis. 2010 May 13.
- Tuberculosis control: lessons for outbreak preparedness in correctional facilities
Parvez FM, Lobato MN, Greifinger RB.
J Correct Health Care. 2010 May 12.
- Improving the lives of vulnerable children: implications of Horizons research among orphans and other children affected by AIDS
Schenk KD, Michaelis A, Sapiano TN, Brown L, Weiss E.
Public Health Rep. 2010 Mar-Apr;125(2):325-36.
- Presence of Coxiella burnetii DNA in the environment of the United States (2006-2008)
Kersh GJ, Wolfe TM, Fitzpatrick KA, Candee AJ, Oliver LD, Patterson NE, Self JS, Priestley RA, Loftis AD, Massung RF.
Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010 May 14.
- The good, the bad, and the volatile: can we have both healthy pools and healthy people?
LaKind JS, Richardson SD, Blount BC.
Environ Sci Technol. 2010 May 1;44(9):3205-10.
- Keep on swimming!
Otto 3rd C, Hlavsa M.
J Environ Health. 2010 May;72(9):25-7.
- Elevated cadmium exposure may be associated with periodontal bone loss
Dye BA, Dillon CF.
J Evid Based Dent Pract. 2010 Jun;10(2):109-11.
- Perceived and objective neighborhood environment attributes and health related quality of life among the elderly in Bogota, Colombia
Parra DC, Gomez LF, Sarmiento OL, Buchner D, Brownson R, Schimd T, Gomez V, Lobelo F.
Soc Sci Med. 2010 Apr;70(7):1070-6.
- Differential performance of SF-36 items in healthy adults with and without functional limitations
Horner-Johnson W, Krahn GL, Suzuki R, Peterson JJ, Roid G, Hall T.
Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010 Apr;91(4):570-5.
- Dealing with the evidence dilemma in genomics and personalized medicine
Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010 Jun;87(6):635-8.
- Men who have sex with men in the United States: demographic and behavioral characteristics and prevalence of HIV and HSV-2 infection: results from National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2001-2006
Xu F, Sternberg MR, Markowitz LE.
Sex Transm Dis. 2010 May 13.
- Audience reactions and receptivity to HIV prevention message concepts for people living with HIV
Uhrig JD, Bann CM, Wasserman J, Guenther-Grey C, Eroglu D.
AIDS Educ Prev. 2010 Apr;22(2):110-25.
- The Influence of the VERB campaign on children's physical activity in 2002 to 2006
Huhman ME, Potter LD, Nolin MJ, Piesse A, Judkins DR, Banspach SW, Wong FL.
Am J Public Health. 2010 Apr;100(4):638-45.
- The elephant never forgets; piloting a chlamydia and gonorrhea retesting reminder postcard in an STD clinic setting
Paneth-Pollak R, Klingler EJ, Blank S, Schillinger JA.
Sex Transm Dis. 2010 May 13.
- A Public Health Grid (PHGrid): architecture and value proposition for 21st century public health
Savel T, Hall K, Lee B, McMullin V, Miles M, Stinn J, White P, Washington D, Boyd T, Lenert L.
Int J Med Inform. 2010 May 14.
- Methodological innovations in data gathering: newborn screening linkage with live births records, Michigan, 1/2007-3/2008
Korzeniewski SJ, Grigorescu V, Copeland G, Gu G, Thoburn KK, Rogers JD, Young WI.
Matern Child Health J. 2010 May;14(3):360-4.
- Declining hip fracture rates in the United States
Stevens JA, Rudd RA.
Age Ageing. 2010 May 19.
- Managing traumatic brain injury secondary to explosions
Burgess P, Sullivent EE, Sasser SM, Wald MM, Ossmann E, Kapil V.
J Emerg Trauma Shock. 2010 ;3(2):164-172.
- Hip fracture risk in older US adults by treatment eligibility status based on new National Osteoporosis Foundation guidance
Looker AC, Dawson-Hughes B, Tosteson AN, Johansson H, Kanis JA, Melton 3rd LJ.
Osteoporos Int. 2010 May 18.
- A recursive version of Grubbs' test for detecting multiple outliers in environmental and chemical data
Clin Biochem. 2010 May 13.
- Utility of high-performance liquid chromatography analysis of mycolic acids and partial 16S rRNA gene sequencing for routine identification of Mycobacterium spp. in a national reference laboratory
Toney NC, Toney SR, Butler WR.
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2010 Jun;67(2):143-52.
- Low-frequency HIV-1 drug resistance mutations can be clinically significant but must be interpreted with caution
Johnson JA, Geretti AM.
J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010 May 13.
- Parechovirus typing in clinical specimens by nested or semi-nested PCR coupled with sequencing
Nix WA, Maher K, Pallansch MA, Oberste MS.
J Clin Virol. 2010 May 14.
- Significant impact of sequence variations in the nucleoprotein on CD8 T cell-mediated cross-protection against influenza A virus infections
Zhong W, Liu F, Dong L, Lu X, Hancock K, Reinherz EL, Katz JM, Sambhara S.
PLoS One. 2010 ;5(5):e10583.
- Characterization of the correlation between ages at entry into breast and pubic hair development
Christensen KY, Maisonet M, Rubin C, Flanders WD, Drews-Botsch C, Dominguez C, McGeehin MA, Marcus M.
Ann Epidemiol. 2010 May;20(5):405-8.
- Perinatal risk for common mental disorders and suicidal ideation among women in Paraguay
Ishida K, Stupp P, Serbanescu F, Tullo E.
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2010 May 14.
- Investigation of sex differences in hip structure in peripubertal children
Sayers A, Marcus M, Rubin C, McGeehin MA, Tobias JH.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 May 19.
- Trends in incidence rates of congenital hypothyroidism related to select demographic factors: data from the United States, California, Massachusetts, New York, and Texas
Hinton CF, Harris KB, Borgfeld L, Drummond-Borg M, Eaton R, Lorey F, Therrell BL, Wallace J, Pass KA.
Pediatrics. 2010 May;125 Suppl 2:S37-47.
- Prevalence of congenital hypothyroidism--current trends and future directions: workshop summary
Olney RS, Grosse SD, Vogt RF.
Pediatrics. 2010 May;125 Suppl 2:S31-6.
- Future research directions to identify causes of the increasing incidence rate of congenital hypothyroidism in the United States
Shapira SK, Lloyd-Puryear MA, Boyle C.
Pediatrics. 2010 May;125 Suppl 2:S64-8.
- Fruit and vegetable intakes are associated with lower risk of breast fibroadenomas in Chinese women
Nelson ZC, Ray RM, Wu C, Stalsberg H, Porter P, Lampe JW, Shannon J, Horner N, Li W, Wang W, Hu Y, Gao D, Thomas DB.
J Nutr. 2010 May 19.
- Development of a retrospective job exposure matrix for PCB-exposed workers in capacitor manufacturing
Hopf NB, Waters MA, Ruder AM, Prince MM.
J Occup Health. 2010 May 14.
- Translating evidence into policy: lessons learned from the case of lowering the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers
Mercer SL, Sleet DA, Elder RW, Cole KH, Shults RA, Nichols JL.
Ann Epidemiol. 2010 Jun;20(6):412-20.
- Toward a more collaborative federal response to chronic kidney disease
Narva AS, Briggs M, Jordan R, Pavkov ME, Burrows NR, Williams DE.
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2010 May;17(3):282-8.
- Editorial: A definition that includes first and second generation immigrants returning to their countries of origin to visit friends and relatives still makes sense to me
J Travel Med. 2010 May-June;17(3):147-149.
- Classroom academic and social context: relationships among emergent literacy, behavioural functioning and teacher curriculum goals in kindergarten
Massetti GM, Bracken SS.
Early Child Dev Care. 2010 Apr;180(3):359-375.
- Repeal of the Pennsylvania motorcycle helmet law: reflections on the ethical and political dynamics of public health reform
BMC Public Health. 2010 ;10:202.
- Need for a wider view of autonomy in epidemiological research
BMJ. 2010 ;340:c2335.
- Applying an ethical decision-making tool to a nurse management dilemma
Toren O, Wagner N.
Nurs Ethics. 2010 May;17(3):393-402.
- The need for a transparent, ethical, and successful relationship between academic scientists and the pharmaceutical industry: a view of the Group for the Respect of Ethics and Excellence in Science (GREES)
Bruyere O, Kanis JA, Ibar-Abadie ME, Alsayed N, Brandi ML, Burlet N, Cahall DL, et al.
Osteoporos Int. 2010 May;21(5):713-22.
- Relative responsibilities: is there an obligation to discuss genomics research participation with family members?
Public Health Genomics. 2010 May 4.
- Longitudinal modeling of methamphetamine use and sexual risk behaviors in gay and bisexual men
Halkitis PN, Mukherjee PP, Palamar JJ.
AIDS Behav. 2009 Aug;13(4):783-91.
- Short communication: Methamphetamine treatment increases in vitro and in vivo HIV replication
Toussi SS, Joseph A, Zheng JH, Dutta M, Santambrogio L, Goldstein H.
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2009 Nov;25(11):1117-21.
- Negative mood and sexual behavior among non-monogamous men who have sex with men in the context of methamphetamine and HIV
Bousman CA, Cherner M, Ake C, Letendre S, Atkinson JH, Patterson TL, Grant I, et al.
J Affect Disord. 2009 Dec;119(1-3):84-91.
- National case-control study of homicide offending and methamphetamine use
J Interpers Violence. 2009 Jun;24(6):911-24.
- Male methamphetamine-user inmates in prison treatment: during-treatment outcomes
Joe GW, Rowan-Szal GA, Greener JM, Simpson DD, Vance J.
J Subst Abuse Treat. 2010 Mar;38(2):141-52.
- Methamphetamine acts on subpopulations of neurons regulating sexual behavior in male rats
Frohmader KS, Wiskerke J, Wise RA, Lehman MN, Coolen LM.
Neuroscience. 2010 Mar 31;166(3):771-84.
- Family conflict and depression in HIV-negative heterosexuals: the role of methamphetamine use
Semple SJ, Strathdee SA, Zians J, Patterson TL.
Psychol Addict Behav. 2009 Jun;23(2):341-7.
- Methamphetamine facilitates female sexual behavior and enhances neuronal activation in the medial amygdala and ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus
Holder MK, Hadjimarkou MM, Zup SL, Blutstein T, Benham RS, McCarthy MM, Mong JA.
Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2010 Feb;35(2):197-208.
- Announcements: Recreational water illness prevention week - May 24-30, 2010
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 May 21;59(19):593.
- A family history of type 2 diabetes increases risk factors associated with overfeeding
Samocha-Bonet D, Campbell LV, Viardot A, Freund J, Tam CS, Greenfield JR, Heilbronn LK.
Diabetologia. 2010 May 12.
- Red and processed meat consumption and risk of incident coronary heart disease, stroke, and diabetes mellitus. A systematic review and meta-analysis
Micha R, Wallace SK, Mozaffarian D.
Circulation. 2010 May 17.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and urinary metabolites of organophosphate pesticides
Bouchard MF, Bellinger DC, Wright RO, Weisskopf MG.
Pediatrics. 2010 May 17.
- Maternal warmth buffers the effects of low early-life socioeconomic status on pro-inflammatory signaling in adulthood
Chen E, Miller GE, Kobor MS, Cole SW.
Mol Psychiatry. 2010 May 18.
- Reduction in acute gastroenteritis hospitalizations among US children after introduction of rotavirus vaccine: analysis of hospital discharge data from 18 US states
Curns AT, Steiner CA, Barrett M, Hunter K, Wilson E, Parashar UD.
J Infect Dis. 2010 Jun 1;201(11):1617-24.
- Unintentional firearm deaths: a comparison of other-inflicted and self-inflicted shootings
Hemenway D, Barber C, Miller M.
Accid Anal Prev. 2010 Jul;42(4):1184-8.
- Rates of major depressive disorder and clinical outcomes following traumatic brain injury
Bombardier CH, Fann JR, Temkin NR, Esselman PC, Barber J, Dikmen SS.
JAMA. 2010 May 19;303(19):1938-45.
- Cerebrovascular hemodynamics, gait, and falls in an elderly population: MOBILIZE Boston Study
Sorond FA, Galica A, Serrador JM, Kiely DK, Iloputaife I, Cupples LA, Lipsitz LA.
Neurology. 2010 May 18;74(20):1627-33.
- Adverse obstetric and perinatal outcomes in subfertile women conceiving without assisted reproductive technologies
Jaques AM, Amor DJ, Baker HW, Healy DL, Ukoumunne OC, Breheny S, Garrett C, Halliday JL.
Fertil Steril. 2010 Apr 6.
- Molecular evidence of perinatal transmission of bartonella vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii and b. henselae to a child
Breitschwerdt EB, Maggi RG, Farmer P, Mascarelli PE.
J Clin Microbiol. 2010 Apr 14.
- Adverse respiratory outcomes associated with occupational exposures at a soy processing plant
Cummings KJ, Gaughan DM, Kullman GJ, Beezhold DH, Green BJ, Blachere FM, Bledsoe T, Kreiss K, Cox-Ganser J.
Eur Respir J. 2010 Apr 22.