- CDC. [Increasing incidence of] Legionellosis in the United States, 2000-2009. MMWR 2011;60:1083-1086.
- CDC. Surveillance for waterborne disease outbreaks and other health events associated with recreational water—United States, 2007-2008. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011;60:1-32.
- CDC. Surveillance for waterborne disease outbreaks associated with drinking water—United States, 2007-2008. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011;60:38-68.
- Neil K. and Berkelman R. Increasing incidence of legionellosis in the United States, 1990-2005: changing epidemiologic trends. Clin Infect Dis 2008;47:591-9.
- CDC. Surveillance for travel-associated Legionnaires’ disease—United States, 2005-2006. MMWR 2007;56(48):1261-1263.
- Fields BS, Benson RF, Besser RE. Legionella and Legionnaires' disease: 25 years of investigation. Clin Microbiol Rev 2002;15:506-26.
- Benin AL, Benson RF, Arnold KE, et al. An outbreak of travel-associated Legionnaires’ disease and Pontiac fever: the need for enhanced surveillance of travel-associated legionellosis. J Infect Dis 2002;185:237-243.
- Benin AL, Benson RF, Besser RE. Trends in Legionnaires’ disease, 1980-1998: declining mortality and new patterns of diagnosis. Clin Infect Dis 2002;35:1039-46.
- Kool JL, Fiore AE, Kioski CM, et al. More than 10 years of unrecognized nosocomial transmission of Legionnaires’ disease among transplant patients. Infect Ctrl and Hosp Epi 1998;19:898-904.
- Lepine LA, Jernigan DB, Butler JC, et al. A recurrent outbreak of nosocomial Legionnaires’ disease detected by urinary antigen testing: evidence for long-term colonization of a hospital plumbing system. Infect Ctrl and Hosp Epi 1998;19:905-910.
- Burnsed LJ, Hicks LA, Smithee LM, et al. A large, travel-associated outbreak of legionellosis among hotel guests: utility of the urine antigen assay in confirming Pontiac fever. Clin Infect Dis 2007;44:222-8.
- Moore MR, Pryor M, Fields B, et al. Introduction of monochloramine into a municipal water system: impact on colonization of buildings by Legionella spp. Appl Environ Microbiol 2006;72: 378-383.
- Rowbotham TJ. Legionellosis associated with ships: 1977 to1997. Comm Dis Public Health. 1998;1(3):146–51.
- Kohler RB, Winn Jr. WC, Wheat LJ. Onset and duration of urinary antigen excretion in Legionnaires’ disease. J Clin Microbiol 1984;20:605-7.
- Barbaree JM, Gorman GW, Martin WT, Fields, BS, Morrill WE. Protocol for Sampling Environmental Sites for Legionellae. Appl Environ Microbiol 1987;53(7): 1454-8.
- Mandell LA, Wunderink RG, Anzueto A, et al. Infectious Diseases Society of America/American Thoracic Society consensus guidelines on the management of community-acquired pneumonia in adults. Clin Infect Dis 2007;44 Suppl 2:S27-72.
- CDC. Guidelines for preventing health-care-associated pneumonia, 2003: recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC). MMWR 2004;53(RR03):1-36.
- CDC. Guidelines for environmental infection control in health-care facilities: recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC). MMWR 2003;52(RR10):1-42. Printer-friendly version also available [1.4 MB, 249 pages].
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. ASHRAE Guideline 12-2000: Minimizing the risk of legionellosis associated with building water systems. 2000.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.